Translating Help+Manual topics with Smartcat: beta testing
Thread poster: Pavel Doronin
Pavel Doronin
Pavel Doronin
Local time: 21:49
Jun 28, 2017

Hi.
My name is Pavel Doronin, I work at Smartcat. This post is for those translators or technical writers who deals with translation of the Help+Manual files.

Recently, one of our customers asked us about the ability to work with Help+Manual XML topics. In a couple of weeks, we have released a beta version of this feature. Now you can just import your topics and maps to Smartcat and translate them (or assign the tasks to the translator, or even apply machine translation) and
... See more
Hi.
My name is Pavel Doronin, I work at Smartcat. This post is for those translators or technical writers who deals with translation of the Help+Manual files.

Recently, one of our customers asked us about the ability to work with Help+Manual XML topics. In a couple of weeks, we have released a beta version of this feature. Now you can just import your topics and maps to Smartcat and translate them (or assign the tasks to the translator, or even apply machine translation) and then export them back. It supports both the recently released Tidy XML (http://news.helpandmanual.com/2017/05/helpmanual-7-3-with-tidyxml-released/) and traditional XML.

If you work with the documents created with Help+Manual, I would like to ask you for assistance and check out how good the support of the topics is.
I would appreciate any feedback from you: bug reports, feature requests, etc.
For now, we do not have any import settings and the default ones should cover the most cases. However, if you have any ideas (import/excluding of the hidden text or comments, importing conditional text as separate segments, etc.), feel free to share them.

If you want to join beta testing of the H+M topics support, register an account in Smartcat (it's completely free) and send me your registration email as a direct message or to our support team at [email protected], asking to enable Help+Manual support in your account.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating Help+Manual topics with Smartcat: beta testing

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »