Trados 2017 impossibile avviare correttamente l'applicazione
Thread poster: Katherine Hornsby
Katherine Hornsby
Katherine Hornsby
Italy
Local time: 10:36
Italian to English
Jun 20, 2017

I bought trados 2017 in January and installed it correctly. It has worked fine...until yesterday. My computer crashed for some reason, I rebooted, ran an anti-virus (it was clean) and then tried to relaunch trados. Now I have a message which runs "SDLtradosstudio.exe errore di applicazione. Impossibile avviare correttamente l'applicazione (Ox00000e5). Fare clic su Ok per chiudere l'applicazione.
Everything else on the pc works. Only trados doesn't.
I have loads of projects to finish
... See more
I bought trados 2017 in January and installed it correctly. It has worked fine...until yesterday. My computer crashed for some reason, I rebooted, ran an anti-virus (it was clean) and then tried to relaunch trados. Now I have a message which runs "SDLtradosstudio.exe errore di applicazione. Impossibile avviare correttamente l'applicazione (Ox00000e5). Fare clic su Ok per chiudere l'applicazione.
Everything else on the pc works. Only trados doesn't.
I have loads of projects to finish and I don't know how to get it working. Can anyone help???
Pleaseeeeeeee.....
Theresa
Collapse

Ricki Farn
Ricki Farn
Germany
English to German
Looks like a Windows error message to me Jun 20, 2017

Back-guessing the localized message, it might be this:

SDLtradosstudio.exe Application Error. The Application was unable to start correctly (Ox00000e5). Click OK to close the application.

When you google that (without the file name "SDLtradosstudio.exe"), you can see that it occurs with other software programs as well. Can you find something that works by googling the English message and keeping in mind it's probably not Trados specific?

Have you tried "rep
... See more
Back-guessing the localized message, it might be this:

SDLtradosstudio.exe Application Error. The Application was unable to start correctly (Ox00000e5). Click OK to close the application.

When you google that (without the file name "SDLtradosstudio.exe"), you can see that it occurs with other software programs as well. Can you find something that works by googling the English message and keeping in mind it's probably not Trados specific?

Have you tried "repairing" / re-installing Trados? Maybe some DLLs have gone kablooie or something.
Collapse

Ricki Farn
Ricki Farn
Germany
English to German
Verified the message Jun 20, 2017

The message is indeed from Windows 7, 8 or 10.

https://www.microsoft.com/Language/en-US/Search.aspx?sString=Application%20was%20unable%20to%20start%20correctly&langID=it-it

[Edited at 2017-06-20 11:11 GMT]

Katherine Hornsby
Katherine Hornsby
Italy
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
The antivirus was the problem Jun 20, 2017

Thanks for your input Ricki. I have finally found the solution. The problem was the antivirus (free version of bit defender) which does not seem to be compatible with trados. Don't know why. I uninstalled the antivirus and trados is now working again.

Ricki Farn
Ricki Farn
Germany
English to German
But you do still have some antivirus? Jun 21, 2017

Not just opening the door to the bad world out there?

Katherine Hornsby
Katherine Hornsby
Italy
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Antivirus Jun 24, 2017

Thanks for your concern, Ricki! Actually my door is open to the big bad world because I have so many projects on I can't afford to have trados block on me again. But SLD has told me that I should be able to whitelist the antivirus so it doesn't get in trados' way, I just need to find time to do it.
Have a good day!
Katherine

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Definitely bad decision Jun 24, 2017

Theresa Humphreys wrote:
Actually my door is open to the big bad world because I have so many projects on I can't afford to have trados block on me again.

Theresa, invest some money in some good antivirus. Your customers will definitely stop working with you if some day you would send them your translated files with a virus in them.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2017 impossibile avviare correttamente l'applicazione

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »