Chloé Daniel
Germany
Local time: 11:04
English to French
+ ...
Jul 26, 2017

Hi,
[I added spaces in the quoted html text for it to be displayed]
I received a csv file to translate. It was generated from Cobby, an interface between Magento and Excel, and contains html text. Example:

< u l>[cLineBreak]< li >Geh & a u m l ; use aus blabla"< / li >[cLineBreak]< li >fest montierte blabla aus unbeschichtetem bla"< / li >)

I am not used to having such a text in Studio so I used "search and replace all" to prepare the file i
... See more
Hi,
[I added spaces in the quoted html text for it to be displayed]
I received a csv file to translate. It was generated from Cobby, an interface between Magento and Excel, and contains html text. Example:

< u l>[cLineBreak]< li >Geh & a u m l ; use aus blabla"< / li >[cLineBreak]< li >fest montierte blabla aus unbeschichtetem bla"< / li >)

I am not used to having such a text in Studio so I used "search and replace all" to prepare the file in excel, replacing all "& a u m l ;"-like code with the corresponding accentuated letters, and I managed to set conditions in Trados for this type of file and I succeeded in generating Studio tags for the regular html tags (< ul >, < li >, etc.). But problems still remain:

* I wasn't able to hide this [cLineBreak] into a Studio tag, it makes the wordcount totally false

* I need to find a way to tell Studio to start a new segment after < ul > tags, < li > tags, etc.

Do any of you know how to set Studio to hide this tag / get a better segmentation? Do any of you know an automatic solution to convert text that contains these "& a u m l ;" accentuated letters into a text with regular accentuated letters wihtout having to use search and replace all? (And back into html at the end as I have to deliver a file with no accentuated letters or special caracters)

Thanks in advance

Chloé
Collapse

Shouguang Cao
Shouguang Cao  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 17:04
English to Chinese
+ ...
Know this frustration Jul 27, 2017

Don't translate such CSV file in Trados. They haven't provided solutions to probably any of your requests yet.

[Edited at 2017-07-27 08:05 GMT]

Chloé Daniel
Chloé Daniel
Germany
Local time: 11:04
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still better than without Studio I think Jul 27, 2017

Thank you for your reply. I think I will still use Trados though, because even if my workaround isn't perfekt, it gets the job done and I have so many repetitions that it is still worth it.
But you are right, if I happen to have such a file in the future without reps and the need for a termbase, I will translate it without Studio.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cobby generated CSV file with HTML

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »