kakapo77
kakapo77  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:45
French to Italian
+ ...
May 15, 2017

Dear all,

I would like to know if somebody has already used or has experience with a piece of software called "TransPDF" (http://www.iceni.com/transpdf.htm). It is supposed to convert .pdf files to .xliff files and to convert back translated .xliff files to .pdf files "of the highest quality" (as stated on the company's website).

In any case, the website itself suggests to us
... See more
Dear all,

I would like to know if somebody has already used or has experience with a piece of software called "TransPDF" (http://www.iceni.com/transpdf.htm). It is supposed to convert .pdf files to .xliff files and to convert back translated .xliff files to .pdf files "of the highest quality" (as stated on the company's website).

In any case, the website itself suggests to use also another piece of softwer called "Infix" for the cleanup of translated .pdf files, which may suggest that in any case the conversion does not keep all the formatting associated to the native file.

I am also wondering if somebody has experience with other pieces of softwares which promise to convert .pdf files to other formats (i.e. doc) - I think it must be a rather common topic of discussion, since everybody has had issues concerning .pdf files.

Thanks in advance for your help and best regards,

Marco
Collapse

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nitro Pro May 16, 2017

I'm currently using Nitro Pro 10 and it can convert most decent PDFs to Word format. By "decent" I mean ones which are easily modifiable and do not contain scanned or hidden elements that might hamper the translation process and the final outcome.

kakapo77
kakapo77  Identity Verified
France
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Pdf files obtained from .indd files May 16, 2017

Hello,

This software seems to be free, isn't it? I also imagine that if you are working on .pdf files obtained from previous .indd ones, such a software will anyway encounter problems. What do you think about that?
Thanks again,

Marco

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does anybody have experience with TransPDF

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »