Thread poster: B D Finch
B D Finch
B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:29
French to English
+ ...
Jun 24, 2017

I keep getting the above error message when trying to save a term to one of my glossaries in Wordfast Pro 3. It is a new glossary and I have already solved this problem once, but it keeps recurring and only seems to affect one of my glossaries. I closed Wordfast,opened the glossary file in WordPad, saw that there was a problem with some letters and resolved this by saving it in Unicode. I then created a new glossary, just as an added precaution, and imported the old one. All seemed to work well ... See more
I keep getting the above error message when trying to save a term to one of my glossaries in Wordfast Pro 3. It is a new glossary and I have already solved this problem once, but it keeps recurring and only seems to affect one of my glossaries. I closed Wordfast,opened the glossary file in WordPad, saw that there was a problem with some letters and resolved this by saving it in Unicode. I then created a new glossary, just as an added precaution, and imported the old one. All seemed to work well for a while, but now the problem has recurred.

I have also tried removing and reinstalling Wordfast Pro.

There is another problem, which may or may not be related, which is that both TM and glossary orders of priority tend to slip from how I have set them and I often have to reset them.

This is very annoying. I briefly considered transitioning to Wordfast Pro 5, but I am too busy to start learning how to use it and also have seen that people have problems with it, so I will wait until the glitches are ironed out.

[Edited at 2017-06-24 15:47 GMT]
Collapse

B D Finch
B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved it! Jun 25, 2017

It seems the problem was caused by me not understanding how to share glossaries between Wordfast Pro and Classic; i.e. that the glossary is created in Wordfast Pro as a text file and some other sort of file and the text file is the one that should be opened in Wordfast Classic, but only when Pro is closed. I'd thought all along that the glossaries I had created elsewhere were the ones being used and that the numbered Wordfast Pro glossaries were just links to them.

federica gagliardi
federica gagliardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2010)
English to Italian
+ ...
Wordfast Pro alone Sep 6, 2017

Hi,
I use only Wordfast Pro (Classic is not even installed), but I'm experiencing the same error message....
Any idea how to solve it and why is it popping up?

Thanks

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Open elsewhere Sep 6, 2017

Hello,

Is the file you are trying to access open or in use by another process? Is the TM saved to a remote syncing folder?

Not sure what the problem is, but maybe these ideas will lead you to a solution. The best is to contact support.

Kind regards,
John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

java.lang.RuntimeException: Backup has been closed

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »