Joseph Maza
United States
Local time: 04:53
Member (2020)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 10, 2020

Hi,

I've begun to use CafeTran and I love it. I have started to use it to localize documents into Tagalog and Spanish. I've noticed that other Philippine Austronesian languages such as Iloko, Cebuano or Kapampangan, just to name a few, are not listed.

Can I request to have at least Iloko added?

Language: Iloko
Codes: ilo , ilo-PH

Please note that you will see "Ilokano" or "Ilocano". The preferred name for the language is in fact "Iloko" a
... See more
Hi,

I've begun to use CafeTran and I love it. I have started to use it to localize documents into Tagalog and Spanish. I've noticed that other Philippine Austronesian languages such as Iloko, Cebuano or Kapampangan, just to name a few, are not listed.

Can I request to have at least Iloko added?

Language: Iloko
Codes: ilo , ilo-PH

Please note that you will see "Ilokano" or "Ilocano". The preferred name for the language is in fact "Iloko" as it is listed in the following page and in accordance with various Iloko writers.
https://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/code_list.php

I've put both language code and language code with region, depending on the conventions you're using with CafeTran. Since there isn't a significant group of speakers outside the Philippines, "ilo" might just suffice. It does not have a two-letter code.

Please, let me know when Iloko is included.

Once again, thank you. Please be safe and well.
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:53
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@CafeTran developer Jun 11, 2020

Joseph Maza wrote:
I've noticed that other Philippine Austronesian languages such as Iloko, Cebuano or Kapampangan, just to name a few, are not listed.

Following on your question, I checked, and discovered, that CafeTran only works with a limited number of languages. With some other CAT tools, the translator can type in the language code of *any* language, but with CafeTran, you can only use the program for languages that appear on a drop-down list. This is an unnecessary restriction, in my opinion. Why not just allow users to enter any language code?

Hans Lenting

Joseph Maza
Joseph Maza
United States
Member (2020)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Add Language: Iloko Aug 25, 2020

Has there been any development based on this request?

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 12:53
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
10.8 update Sep 18, 2020

Iloko language has been added to the list of languages in CafeTran 10.8 Cornetto update: https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/discussions/topics/6000062450

Joseph Maza
Joseph Maza
United States
Member (2020)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Sep 22, 2020

Thank you for the update!

I will let other Iloko translators know that Iloko has been added.

This is the best birthday gift yet.

Thank you again!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Add Language: Iloko

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »