Save and go to next segment jumps to next untranslated segment instead
Thread poster: Sabsi
Sabsi
Sabsi
Austria
Sep 9, 2020

I'm editing a translation I've done and this is driving me bananas. There are two functions, "Save segment and go to next segment", and "Save and go to next untranslated segment". But both are acting the same. When I want to save Segment 5 and land in Segment 6, choosing "go to next segment" instead catapults me to Segment 157, which is untranslated. It makes no difference if I use the keyboard shortcut or click the button. I've check shortcut allocation, nothing seems to be wrong.

... See more
I'm editing a translation I've done and this is driving me bananas. There are two functions, "Save segment and go to next segment", and "Save and go to next untranslated segment". But both are acting the same. When I want to save Segment 5 and land in Segment 6, choosing "go to next segment" instead catapults me to Segment 157, which is untranslated. It makes no difference if I use the keyboard shortcut or click the button. I've check shortcut allocation, nothing seems to be wrong.

Any ideas?

Cafetran Espresso 10.5.1 Croissant
Collapse

Tom in London

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:31
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Same in Doughnut Sep 9, 2020

Sabsi wrote:

Any ideas?

I get the same in Doughnut but not all the time. It only seems to happen when the segments are long sentences. It drives me (dough)nuts too. Instead of going to the next segment, CT jumps way ahead to some other segment and I have to scroll all the way back.

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:31
English to German
+ ...
Save and go to next segment jumps to next untranslated segment instead Sep 9, 2020

Sabsi wrote:

Any ideas?

Have a look in the Action menu ---> Skip

Sabsi

Sabsi
Sabsi
Austria
TOPIC STARTER
This was it! Sep 9, 2020

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

Have a look in the Action menu ---> Skip

That was it! Thank you!

Hans Lenting
MARCO SIMOES

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Save and go to next segment jumps to next untranslated segment instead

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »