Is there any way to avoid the real-time text adjusting in Wordbee when editing a segment?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 20:55
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Nov 13, 2020

Is there any way to avoid the real-time text adjusting in Wordbee when editing a segment?

It happens automatically, and for a long segment this is very annoying and makes it difficult to enter the correct letters where they should be.

Actually, when I look at the issue now it's the whole window that is adjusting each time I adjust the text in a segment. Not like in a normal CAT tool like MemoQ or SDL Trados Studio.

So it's two objects that are changing in
... See more

It happens automatically, and for a long segment this is very annoying and makes it difficult to enter the correct letters where they should be.

Actually, when I look at the issue now it's the whole window that is adjusting each time I adjust the text in a segment. Not like in a normal CAT tool like MemoQ or SDL Trados Studio.

So it's two objects that are changing in sync with my edits in a segment: the stretch of text itself in the segment, and the surrounding window. Very annoying, makes it difficult to keep focus on a long stretch of text in a segment.

[Edited at 2020-11-13 18:10 GMT]

In essence, what happens is that, for a very long segment, I can only enter one letter at a time and wait a few seconds so that nothing of the text or the window moves, then enter next letter and so on. Otherwise, once I enter a letter, because both the surrounding window and the actual stretch of text moves at the same time so that the letter I'm typing might change place with almost one centimeter. Imagine typing the text with speed under those circumstances! Impossible...

So Wordbee only works for short segments.

[Edited at 2020-11-13 18:17 GMT]
Collapse

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:55
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Sidestep Nov 13, 2020

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:
In essence, what happens is that, for a very long segment, I can only enter one letter at a time and wait a few seconds so that nothing of the text or the window moves, then enter next letter and so on.

Copy and paste the segment into Notepad, edit there, copy and paste back? Maybe create two little Autohotkey scripts to do the copying back and forth. Assign each of the two to different hotkeys. Might be quicker than trying to edit in Wordbee.

Dan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »