Thread poster: PatriziaM.
PatriziaM.
PatriziaM.  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 00:14
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 26, 2021

Suddently I’m not able to activate my DVX3 Professional (now only DVX3 Free is activated), a message is displayed saying that I have exceeded the max number of activations. I don’t know what happened, as I have DVX3 Professional installed only in 1 PC and now it has become DVX3 Free. Could you please help me ASAP?

Please note that yesterday I've sent a request to [email protected], I've recei
... See more
Suddently I’m not able to activate my DVX3 Professional (now only DVX3 Free is activated), a message is displayed saying that I have exceeded the max number of activations. I don’t know what happened, as I have DVX3 Professional installed only in 1 PC and now it has become DVX3 Free. Could you please help me ASAP?

Please note that yesterday I've sent a request to [email protected], I've received an automatic confirmation email, but yet no reply/solution nor help!
I've also notified [email protected] and [email protected], but no kind of reply received from them.
I'm starting to doubt whether there is anyone working at Atril...
Collapse

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
English to German
+ ...
DVX3 activation Mar 26, 2021

PatriziaM. wrote:

Please note that yesterday I've sent a request to [email protected], I've received an automatic confirmation email, but yet no reply/solution nor help!
I've also notified [email protected] and [email protected], but no kind of reply received from them.

Ciao Patrizia
have you tried the DVX forum: [email protected]?

[Edited at 2021-03-26 17:48 GMT]

PatriziaM.
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Finally it has been solved Mar 26, 2021

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

PatriziaM. wrote:

Ciao Patrizia
have to tried the DVX forum: [email protected]?

Ciao Wolfgang,

Thank you for your suggestion! I'll bear it in mind for next time that I need help.
A short time after having posted my message here, I've received a reply by [email protected] to my request of yesterday and they have solved my issue.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:14
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
ghost ship Mar 26, 2021

For some reason, it always takes Atril support around a day (or two) to respond. This can be very annoying if you need them fast. Especially when it concerns licensing issues. I moved to other CAT tools long ago though, as Atril just feels completely dead somehow. Kind of like a ghost ship which is still silently sailing in the same direction it started out in hundreds of years ago...

my4a9hAERfetFyJaCtAs9T-1024-80

Wolfgang Schoene
Matthias Brombach

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
And please ... Mar 26, 2021

PatriziaM. wrote: ...they have solved my issue.

... may I ask, what caused the problem? I had nearly the same issue when I decided out of the blue to rename my computer, which caused some trouble, among others, with DVX3.

Denis Danchenko

Denis Danchenko
Denis Danchenko  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 01:14
English to Russian
+ ...
Space Odyssey Mar 28, 2021

Michael Beijer wrote:

For some reason, it always takes Atril support around a day (or two) to respond. This can be very annoying if you need them fast. Especially when it concerns licensing issues. I moved to other CAT tools long ago though, as Atril just feels completely dead somehow. Kind of like a ghost ship which is still silently sailing in the same direction it started out in hundreds of years ago...

I'd say it's more like a loner spaceship still 2-3 light years ahead most of the pack.
On a serious note, over 13 years of intense Deja Vu use, I've had to ask for help two or three times, which was delivered within 24 hours.

Matthias Brombach
EnToDe

Denis Danchenko
Denis Danchenko  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 01:14
English to Russian
+ ...
Should stay true to my name Mar 28, 2021

Matthias Brombach wrote:

... may I ask, what caused the problem? I had nearly the same issue when I decided out of the blue to rename my computer, which caused some trouble, among others, with DVX3.

Renaming. Exactly my story with instant karma

PatriziaM.
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Renaming Mar 30, 2021

Matthias Brombach wrote:

After an initial disorientation, I recalled that my husband (! !) had renamend my PC the day before the issue with DVX3. Therefore, I assume that the problem was caused by renaming. DVX Support didn't give me any detail/explanation, but they solved my issue and that is what really counts.

Matthias Brombach
Denis Danchenko

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DVX3 Activation - Urgent help

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »