Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Can the "Vote non-pro" box please be repositioned?
Thread poster: Tom in London
Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:50
Member (2008)
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Sad Dec 22, 2020

Interesting. You actually don't understand what the purpose of the "pro/non pro" box is.

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
- Dec 22, 2020

Tom in London wrote:
Interesting. You actually don't understand what the purpose of the "pro/non pro" box is.

And you’re not going to put me out of my misery?

Mervyn Henderson (X)

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Those tenterhooks are really beginning to dig in now Dec 22, 2020

Is it like the patented debt collection method that we had to beg for repeatedly?

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
CLueless Dec 23, 2020

Chris S wrote:

Is it like the patented debt collection method that we had to beg for repeatedly?

So it's true. You actually don't understand what the purpose of the "pro/non pro" box is.

Now - have the last word. You're as bad as my wife.

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Ffs Dec 23, 2020

Chris S wrote:

Tom in London wrote:

Marina Taffetani wrote:

Not only that, Tom - if you have a look at the new KudoZ interface, you will notice there is no such option at all. I always use the new interface, and I honestly had no idea what some people were talking about when they mentioned the "Vote non-pro" button. I had to switch to the old interface in order to find out.

@Arabic & More, actually, I think this is a very important option, and it should be used more often. I had to filter some askers who kept asking questions even a six-year-old could have answered.

I did try to find the new interface but didn't succeed. So I have no idea what it looks like !

Click the "try new version" text at the top of the page in KudoZ, highlighted in a lovely shade of apricot

Fine, be awkward and irritating, Tom. Whatever.

But in future, when someone goes out of their way to help you, remember it is polite to thank them. This is not the first time this has happened.

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Zibow Retailleau

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
How? Dec 23, 2020

Chris S wrote:

that stuff he wrote

How, exactly, have you helped with the question at the top of this thread?

[Edited at 2020-12-23 17:25 GMT]

Oriol Vives (X)

Oriol Vives (X)
Oriol Vives (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:50
English to Catalan
+ ...
I just used it in an unconventional way Dec 24, 2020

I hope you will all forgive me; it's just some people gets on my nerves with their aggressive trolling. Yet another question from English into Spanish put in Spanish! I guess some people just never learn.

Anyway, I agree with Tom; it should be positioned somewhere else. Maybe they could move it to the top?

Merry Christmas everyone! Enjoy the Holidays

Christopher Schröder
Mervyn Henderson (X)

Daryo
Daryo
United Kingdom
Serbian to English
+ ...
Or to show your own .... Dec 26, 2020

Chris S wrote:

Tempting as it is, the non-pro button is not actually there to express disgust at others' ignorance.

True, but he opposite also occasionally happens - that it's the people voting questions "non-pro" that show their own ignorance.

From time you get people voting questions "non-pro" and then showing by their comments or their answers that in fact they can't grasp why something apparently "obvious and easy" is not quite so.

BTW, the "Pro / Non-Pro" button missing in the "new" interface pandering to mobile phone users (a really good tool for serious work, mais passons ...) is not really an "improvement" - from time to time some questions really do need to be reclassified.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can the "Vote non-pro" box please be repositioned?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »