Free webinar: Ready to 🛑 Stop Procrastinating and 💥 Start Executing?
Thread poster: Jenae Spry
Jenae Spry
Jenae Spry  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:29
French to English
Jan 7, 2021

Look back at the last 3 months -- did you accomplish everything you wanted?

Do you wish you could accomplish even more?

This event is about accelerating what's working and for what's not...

🛑 Stop Procrastinating
💥 Start Executing

What will you accomplish in the next 3 months? 👇... See more

This event is about accelerating what's working and for what's not...

🛑 Stop Procrastinating
💥 Start Executing

What will you accomplish in the next 3 months? 👇
Register FREE here: http://crushconversions.com/proz90days

In this 1-hour live webinar you will learn how to:

✅ Set prioritized goals, break them down and set KPIs (key performance indicators)

✅ Create space for yourself to ensure they happen (if you struggle with implementing plans, this is for you!)

✅ Make progress & hit targets even when things don't go according to plan

✅ Avoid the biggest planning & to-do list pitfall that plagues entrepreneurs

🎥 Replay? Yes!
🎫 Tickets? Free!
📅 Thursday, Jan. 14 @ 9 am Pacific
(12 PM Eastern | 5 PM London | 6 PM Europe)

After our kickoff webinar, we'll move into the optional week-long Action Sprint event! It will be a step-by-step, butt-kicking, hand-holding results-driven extravaganza!

You will get DAILY videos with tasks you can do in just MINUTES a day AND tons of motivation! We'll even have Virtual Coworking almost EVERY DAY of the week-long event!

Let's do this! Register FREE here: http://crushconversions.com/proz90days
Collapse

Dalia Nour

Maxi Schwarz
Maxi Schwarz  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:29
German to English
+ ...
Answering Jan 8, 2021

Jenae Spry wrote:

Professionally - Yes, I did.

What we need to accomplish are the translation tasks we have taken on. If that has been accomplished, there is no reason to want to do more. Actually my goals tend to go in the direction of "better". A lifelong improvement is implied in professional work.

So no, I do not wish to accomplish more. There is also a matter of a healthy work/life balance. Sometimes doing less translation work may actually be a preference.

Eva Stoppa
Dalia Nour
Philip Lees
Jenae Spry
Angie Garbarino

Jenae Spry
Jenae Spry  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:29
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
"More" doesn't necessarily mean more translation -- in fact, I imagine it almost never does. Jan 14, 2021

That's awesome that you did everything you wanted. Sounds like you are great at planning but it also sounds like you do indeed want to do more...in the form of doing better! Lifelong improvement is absolutely implied but doesn't always happen at the pace or in the way we want if we don't plan for it. I actually hate the idea of working 7 days a week, which I see pop up on lots of translation forums. (The joke that weekends are two working days until Monday is really not healthy!) Being able to h... See more
That's awesome that you did everything you wanted. Sounds like you are great at planning but it also sounds like you do indeed want to do more...in the form of doing better! Lifelong improvement is absolutely implied but doesn't always happen at the pace or in the way we want if we don't plan for it. I actually hate the idea of working 7 days a week, which I see pop up on lots of translation forums. (The joke that weekends are two working days until Monday is really not healthy!) Being able to have a good work/life balance is so key as you said! I talked about that in the presentation.

I have to say I don't agree that accomplishing translation tasks is all we need to care about. There's so much more to our businesses than the actual translating! For example, are we working at the rates we want, with the clients we want, at the times of day we prefer, the number of hours of day we prefer, and of course whether our businesses is giving us the lifestyle we want. I love optimizing all of this so that my business works for me and not just the other way around.

Apologies I didn't see this until now (not sure what happened with my email notifications) but the replay is still available for anyone who missed it!

I hope we all have an amazing weekend (off!) coming up!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Free webinar: Ready to 🛑 Stop Procrastinating and 💥 Start Executing?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »