Isabel Roca Garcia
Isabel Roca Garcia
Spain
Local time: 14:01
French to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 24, 2020

Hi everyone,

I am translating a document where the option to "join segments" seems to be blocked for the project. The thing is that I want to join some sentences that are separated in the source languages, so I end a segment with a coma and then start next segment without capital letters, but when I export the document, there is no whitespace between them.

Could someone help me with this?

Thank you very much in advance!

Andreas Giglberger
Andreas Giglberger  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2020)
English to German
+ ...
Adding it manually? Dec 24, 2020

Have you tried adding a white space (maybe even a nbsp) either at the beginning or the end of the respective segment?

[Edited at 2020-12-24 15:16 GMT]

Isabel Roca Garcia

Isabel Roca Garcia
Isabel Roca Garcia
Spain
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works Dec 26, 2020

Hi Andreas, I had tried it before and 2 whitespaces were added, but I guess it was because there was a whitespace in both segments. Now it is fixed. Thank you very much!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

connecting 2 segments - white spaces

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »