How do I make batch changes in Memsource Desktop Editor?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 12:49
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jan 14, 2018

I asked a similar question a while ago but for Memsource Web Editor, and received reply that I can easily do that by selecting all the files in the project overview and then open, which worked excellent. But for Memsource Desktop Editor, there doesn't seem to be any such option. And I can't select all the files for uploading them either, seems like I must open the files one by one and then upload to the server.

My
... See more

I asked a similar question a while ago but for Memsource Web Editor, and received reply that I can easily do that by selecting all the files in the project overview and then open, which worked excellent. But for Memsource Desktop Editor, there doesn't seem to be any such option. And I can't select all the files for uploading them either, seems like I must open the files one by one and then upload to the server.

My project is on almost half a million words and there are around 100 files, so this would take a long time. Isn't there any better way?
Collapse

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 11:49
Danish to English
+ ...
Download one combined file Jan 14, 2018

Select all the files in the Memsource cloud portal, then download one combined file (not a zipped file). Then you have only one file to open locally.

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It's the other way around Jan 14, 2018

I did that already, I downloaded the files to work with them offline. So now I need to get them back online in one batch (unless I can make batch changes in the Desktop version).

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Upload the single combined file Jan 14, 2018

You said you needed to make batch changes.

So download all the files in one single combined file, not all the single files, and work in that single file. Then upload that.

But uploading usually isn't necessary, as the desktop editor keeps the files synchronised with the cloud versions. You can see the per cent completed in the cloud portal.

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Batch changes in downloaded large file synchronized to each small individual file online? Jan 14, 2018

Thanks, that made everything much simpler than I thought. So just to download in one single file from the web version then (as everything is already there from my Desktop version), and then make batch changes.

I assume these batch changes I make offline in the downloaded single large file will be synchronized to each small individual file online also, or?

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Yes Jan 14, 2018

Yes, it synchronises everything, whether or not it's in a combined file.

If in doubt, you can check that your desktop changes are reflected in the online editor.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »