Thread poster: Dawid Mazela, MA, MCIL
Cristina Crişan
Cristina Crişan  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 10:20
English to Romanian
+ ...
TransferWise Oct 13, 2018

I have a borderless account and also customers who use TW to pay me directly into my local bank account, but for some of my customers PayPal works best.
So far, I only used my PayPal balance for shopping (an electric scooter just days ago!) and donations, but now that I have my USD card I might also withdraw money in the future.
I don't let PayPal convert my money. My customers pay me in USD, my main currency is set to USD and I only plan to withdraw to my USD card.
PayPal will
... See more
I have a borderless account and also customers who use TW to pay me directly into my local bank account, but for some of my customers PayPal works best.
So far, I only used my PayPal balance for shopping (an electric scooter just days ago!) and donations, but now that I have my USD card I might also withdraw money in the future.
I don't let PayPal convert my money. My customers pay me in USD, my main currency is set to USD and I only plan to withdraw to my USD card.
PayPal will get USD 2.5 per withdrawal.
I can live with that.

[Edited at 2018-10-14 05:41 GMT]
Collapse

James Carry
James Carry
India
Hindi to English
+ ...
PayPal Alternatives to use Dec 18, 2020

Cristina Crişan wrote:

PayPal will get USD 2.5 per withdrawal.
I can live with that.

[Edited at 2018-10-14 05:41 GMT]

I've been using PayPal all my life. Recently, I came across a website which provides you with tonnes of information about PayPal and and its alternative, here is the link for the same: https://ppcurrencyconverter.com/paypal-alternatives

Hope this is useful to you'll!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PayPal: currency conversion with no fees

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »