Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]
Off topic: Have you got at least one IKEA item in your house/office?
Thread poster: Gianni Pastore
MONICA DIAZ
MONICA DIAZ
United States
Local time: 21:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aikea ...jejje Dec 11, 2008

CristinaPereira wrote:

Also, in Portuguese there's not a standard way to pronounce Ikea: 50% of the people say IkÉa and another 50% say IkeÁ (well, not proven, but more or less like this). Does it happen in other countries/languages?

Yes, we live close to the border and in Mexico a lot of people call Ikea literally, Ikea (eekea). I love it though, sounds "chic"...jejej.

We also have a lot of IKEA, but I will be honest, I go there just for the cinammon buns!

[Edited at 2008-12-11 15:37 GMT]

Francesca Battaglia
Francesca Battaglia
Italy
Local time: 06:01
English to Italian
+ ...
priviledged girl Dec 12, 2008

I am literally blessed since my partner LOVES Ikea too and we can spend hours in those huge buildings picking out our favourite stuff Unlike many girl friends who must push, pull and yell at their men when it's time to go ikea shopping.

Unfortunately it is not possible to bring home all of the pieces you saw, mostly because you have already furniture in you house and can't renew it every twice a year...
See more
I am literally blessed since my partner LOVES Ikea too and we can spend hours in those huge buildings picking out our favourite stuff Unlike many girl friends who must push, pull and yell at their men when it's time to go ikea shopping.

Unfortunately it is not possible to bring home all of the pieces you saw, mostly because you have already furniture in you house and can't renew it every twice a year What we do is to put everything we see and like in our virtual home, which is also extremely cheap. But of course there's always room for some new small thing..the last piece we bought was cardboard boxes to put in the closet and a few objects for the kitchen.

I am absolutely addicted to those small meat balls served with cranberry sauce..yummmmmmmm
Collapse

Melina Kajander
Melina Kajander
Finland
English to Finnish
+ ...
Not one :) Dec 12, 2008

I must be an exceptional person then, as I don't have a single Ikea item, in fact I've never even been to an Ikea shop yet... I'm sure will some day, though, sooner or later. Their style, though, is mainly a bit, well, let's say different from my taste (I guess I have quite un-Nordic taste in home furnishing)... I have sometimes browsed their catalogues, though, for a... See more
I must be an exceptional person then, as I don't have a single Ikea item, in fact I've never even been to an Ikea shop yet... I'm sure will some day, though, sooner or later. Their style, though, is mainly a bit, well, let's say different from my taste (I guess I have quite un-Nordic taste in home furnishing)... I have sometimes browsed their catalogues, though, for all the organizing ideas if nothing else!

And I know that many ex-pat Swedes and Finns use Ikea shops to get hold of food items from back home (like salmiak/salt liquorice, cinnamon buns, crispbread, meatballs etc.), as some also mentioned earlier.
Collapse

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 12:01
Chinese to English
+ ...
The IKEA shark Feb 16, 2021

I used to have the IKEA shark in my room, but it was so bulky that I eventually got rid of it.

My IKEA chair is still going strong though.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Have you got at least one IKEA item in your house/office?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »