Ivana de Sousa Santos
Ivana de Sousa Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 02:39
French to Portuguese
+ ...
Nov 28, 2004

Hello everyone!

I am going to make my students write a letter to Santa Claus tomorrow. I've already got everything, but I'd like to make it sound more real and REALLY make them send their letters.

I know that there are addresses to where we can write to (and even get the answer from "Santa Claus"). I am doing a search at google but there are so many hits that it's kind of difficult.

Does anyone know one of these addresses? Preferably in the North Pole or in
... See more
Hello everyone!

I am going to make my students write a letter to Santa Claus tomorrow. I've already got everything, but I'd like to make it sound more real and REALLY make them send their letters.

I know that there are addresses to where we can write to (and even get the answer from "Santa Claus"). I am doing a search at google but there are so many hits that it's kind of difficult.

Does anyone know one of these addresses? Preferably in the North Pole or in Laponia?

Thank you in advance!
Ivana
Collapse

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:39
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Sure :) Nov 28, 2004

Dear Ivana,
This is the official website for Santa from the North Pole.

http://www.northpole.com

I am sure you will find a snail-mail address there (there is an email address there as well.) There are so many activities for teachers, parents and kids there as well

Have fun,
Monika

Ivana de Sousa Santos wrote:

Does anyone know one of these addresses? Preferably in the North Pole or in Laponia?

Thank you in advance!
Ivana

[Edited at 2004-11-28 15:15]

Dinny
Dinny  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 04:39
Italian to Danish
+ ...
Well, everybody knows where Santa lives... ;-) Nov 28, 2004

Official address is:

Julemanden / Santa Claus
Box 1615
3900 Nuuk
Grønland
Denmark

Arroger
Arroger
Canada
Local time: 21:39
English to French
+ ...
please! Nov 28, 2004

The real Santa lives at the North Pole which happens to be in Canada. his address is
Santa Claus
North Pole, H0H 0H0
CANADA.

OR
Père Noël
Pôle Nord,H0H 0H0.
CANADA.

Any child from anywhere in the world who writes to him NOW,(Hurry up, he has icebergs of work) will get a letter back from Santa. Guaranteed. Don't forget you return address. (He has so many children to remember)

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:39
English to French
+ ...
Done it when I was a child! Nov 29, 2004

Arroger wrote:

The real Santa lives at the North Pole which happens to be in Canada. his address is
Santa Claus
North Pole, H0H 0H0
CANADA.

OR
Père Noël
Pôle Nord,H0H 0H0.
CANADA.

Any child from anywhere in the world who writes to him NOW,(Hurry up, he has icebergs of work) will get a letter back from Santa. Guaranteed. Don't forget you return address. (He has so many children to remember)

I've done it when I was a child, and I did receive a letter

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 04:39
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
That must be some imposer Nov 29, 2004

Every Finn knows, that Santa Claus lives at Korvatunturi in Finnish Lapland. These days jetplanes bring British and other tourist families every day to Lapland to meet Santa. All in all 500 planes are expected this december.
But in Germany my mother had told me, that St. Nikolaus lives somewhere in Russia, but that's probably because she never heard of Finland before I moved there.
... See more
Every Finn knows, that Santa Claus lives at Korvatunturi in Finnish Lapland. These days jetplanes bring British and other tourist families every day to Lapland to meet Santa. All in all 500 planes are expected this december.
But in Germany my mother had told me, that St. Nikolaus lives somewhere in Russia, but that's probably because she never heard of Finland before I moved there.

http://www.santatelevision.com/index.html
See for yourself!

[Edited at 2004-11-29 15:38]

[Edited at 2004-11-29 16:42]
Collapse

Veronica Montserrat

Ivana de Sousa Santos
Ivana de Sousa Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 02:39
French to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you all Nov 30, 2004

I decided to give them the address "Santa Claus North Pole, H0H 0H0 CANADA". They really liked the idea that Santa CLaus could write them back.

Monica, the site you recommended only had the electronic address, but thank you anyway because it has lots of interesting things.

Thank you all.
Best regards,
Ivana

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 09:39
Chinese to English
+ ...
US address Feb 16, 2021

In the US mail can be sent to:
NORTH POLE POSTMARK
POSTMASTER
4141 POSTMARK DR
ANCHORAGE AK 99530-9998

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Ask Santa Putin Feb 16, 2021

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

But in Germany my mother had told me, that St. Nikolaus lives somewhere in Russia

... because the North Pole has been claimed as Russian territory and marked on the sea ground with a Russian flag in 2007 by Russian submarines.

[Bearbeitet am 2021-02-16 09:19 GMT]

P.L.F. Persio
Mervyn Henderson (X)
expressisverbis
Angie Garbarino

P.L.F. Persio
P.L.F. Persio  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2010)
English to Italian
+ ...
Santa Putin Feb 16, 2021

Matthias Brombach wrote:

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

But in Germany my mother had told me, that St. Nikolaus lives somewhere in Russia

... because the North Pole has been claimed as Russian territory and marked on the sea ground with a Russian flag in 2007 by Russian submarines.

[Bearbeitet am 2021-02-16 09:19 GMT]

And now we know how to do that in style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk_GmhD053E

Santa Baby,
Just slip a sable under the tree, for me,
Been an awful good girl ...

Matthias Brombach
Mervyn Henderson (X)
expressisverbis
Angie Garbarino

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Santa Claus' address

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »