Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 10:49
Member (2007)
English to Serbo-Croat
+ ...
Nov 24, 2006

Hello
I have a question regarding mp3 files
is there a way to turn an audio file into a mp3 file and opposite?
I have some great music and it is in a form of a classic audio file and I would love to turn it into mp3 so that I can listen to it while walking.
Thank you all and have a great weekend
Amra

wierzbicki
wierzbicki
Poland
Local time: 10:49
cdex Nov 24, 2006

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdexos/

I use this this cd ripper - successfully

but I gues alsko a winamp PRO version can do that (but that costs) or Windows Media Player (I'm sure it can convert audio tracks to .wma files, not sure about mp3)

... See more
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdexos/

I use this this cd ripper - successfully

but I gues alsko a winamp PRO version can do that (but that costs) or Windows Media Player (I'm sure it can convert audio tracks to .wma files, not sure about mp3)

if you want some wider choice: http://tinyurl.com/yl4hgd

hope this helps a bit
Collapse

Sergei Tumanov
Sergei Tumanov  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:49
English to Russian
+ ...
if you have a classic music CD Nov 24, 2006

you will be able to convert it into MP3 with the help of ITunes.

Free software can be found at www.mac.com

All you need (after the program installed on your machine) is to start playing cd and ITunes will import tracks in MP3 format on your hard drive.

Reasonable setting of importinb needed but easily done via preferences menu of ITunes.

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 04:49
Spanish
+ ...
Software Nov 24, 2006

Hello Amra,

If by 'audio file' you mean regular music CDs, there are many free programs you can download. One of the best for mp3 encoding is Exact Audio Copy. If you want a great free software to convert and manage your music files, you can also use Media Monkey.

About converting mp3 files to audio files, I wouldn't recommend
... See more
Hello Amra,

If by 'audio file' you mean regular music CDs, there are many free programs you can download. One of the best for mp3 encoding is Exact Audio Copy. If you want a great free software to convert and manage your music files, you can also use Media Monkey.

About converting mp3 files to audio files, I wouldn't recommend you to do that. Once you convert an audio file (.wav) from a CD to mp3--or any other lossy format, there's going to be a loss of quality, that's why mp3s are so small. So converting an mp3 file to a much better codec like .wav or .flac (lossless) is just a waste of space.

Good luck.
Collapse

qfwfq
qfwfq
Local time: 12:49
English to Turkish
freerip Nov 25, 2006

for CDs, you can use freerip. dedecting the tracks, the software finds tags itself.

[Edited at 2006-11-25 07:41]

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 17:49
Chinese to English
+ ...
foobar Feb 21, 2021

I've used foobar2000 with LAME mp3 encoder for many years.

Daryo
Daryo
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:49
Serbian to English
+ ...
If you want to play with audio files Feb 25, 2021

try this one

https://www.audacityteam.org/

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

audio file into mp3

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »