Looking for DipTrans advice (2/3 modules passed and retaking the last one in January)
Thread poster: JennyC123 (X)
JennyC123 (X)
JennyC123 (X)
Austria
Jul 17, 2019

Hello everyone,

I have now passed 2 of 3 DipTrans modules (French to English).

I have been working as a freelance translator for 4 years. I have followed some DipTrans courses as part of my preparation. I plan to keep doing this, practising past papers and focusing on the paper I need to pass (paper 2, Technology or Business option - I work a lot with technical translations but it seems like maybe Business is a better option for DipTrans conditions).

I am a
... See more
Hello everyone,

I have now passed 2 of 3 DipTrans modules (French to English).

I have been working as a freelance translator for 4 years. I have followed some DipTrans courses as part of my preparation. I plan to keep doing this, practising past papers and focusing on the paper I need to pass (paper 2, Technology or Business option - I work a lot with technical translations but it seems like maybe Business is a better option for DipTrans conditions).

I am also still waiting on the remark process to get specific feedback.

I wondered if anyone else has any advice for me. I am particularly interested in hearing from people who did not pass everything first time but managed it eventually
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for DipTrans advice (2/3 modules passed and retaking the last one in January)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »