Thread poster: Karim Mohamed
Karim Mohamed
Karim Mohamed
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
Apr 24, 2020

Hi All,

I am doing a study about CAT tools for for the translation of video subtitles. I am doing a very initial survey. It is only 4 questions that will not take more than 2 minutes to answer. I appreciate your kind contribution.

This is the servery:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/95MLK9S

Armine Abelyan
Armine Abelyan
Armenia
Local time: 15:32
English to Armenian
+ ...
Welcome Apr 24, 2020

Enjoy, I have answered.

Karim Mohamed

Karim Mohamed
Karim Mohamed
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you :) Apr 24, 2020

Armine Abelyan wrote:

Enjoy, I have answered.

Thank you very much. Really appreciated.

Tony M
Tony M
France
Local time: 12:32
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Your survey is flawed Apr 24, 2020

Question 3 is a 'free' answer, which in my case was 'none'

In this case, your Question 4 is nonsense — because it presupposes you do use a CAT tool! Either Question 3 should have a 'none' option, in which case Question 4 could be adapted to offer suitable answers; or else Question 3 could be modified "...if you use one, or if not, please explain why not?"

As it stands, the results are somewhat meaningless — I imagine I'm probably far from being the only translator
... See more
Question 3 is a 'free' answer, which in my case was 'none'

In this case, your Question 4 is nonsense — because it presupposes you do use a CAT tool! Either Question 3 should have a 'none' option, in which case Question 4 could be adapted to offer suitable answers; or else Question 3 could be modified "...if you use one, or if not, please explain why not?"

As it stands, the results are somewhat meaningless — I imagine I'm probably far from being the only translator who would not use a CAT tool for translating subtitles — no doubt for reasons that would actually be far more informative for your research!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I am making a study about CAT tools for the translation of video subtitles

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »