Thread poster: Jason Grimes
Sanghyo Lee
Sanghyo Lee  Identity Verified
South Korea
Local time: 07:29
English to Korean
+ ...
Still incorrect. Feb 23, 2017

I see the inquiry's been raised 1 year and a half ago.
But it's still incorrect. I wonder if this is really difficult to get it right.

Ahmad Dabaghzadeh
Ahmad Dabaghzadeh
Iran
Local time: 01:59
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Thank you Sep 27, 2017

Hello. Thank you for your consideration.

ImanZa
ImanZa
Morocco
French to Spanish
+ ...
Merci, mais le fuseau horaire est faut Dec 4, 2019

Jason Grimes wrote:

It is now possible to see all dates and times on ProZ.com in your preferred time zone and format. You can change the way dates and times appear to you on ProZ.com by adjusting your date and time display preferences. In addition to setting your time zone, you can specify whether you prefer to see times using a 12- or 24-hour clock, for example.

To edit your date and time preferences, click the time zone link in the current time that is shown at the top of each page. (You can also edit this from the profile editor and various other places). When possible, an attempt was made to guess time zones by country and previously configured time zone offset (if any).

With a few exceptions, all times on the site should now be shown in your configured time zone and format. Any exceptions should have the time zone (GMT) explicitly stated.

Answers to frequently asked questions will be posted here: http://www.proz.com/faq/time

Please report any issues with these new date and time preferences in this forum topic.

Thanks,

Jason
ProZ.com Team

Katerina Samara
Katerina Samara
Brazil
Local time: 19:29
Greek to English
+ ...
Brazilian Timezones Feb 7, 2020

Hello! I've just set my timezone but Brazil but it's wrong because of daylight savings. The Brazilian government decided to not have daylight savings anymore so actually my timezone isn't GMT-0200 but GMT-0300.

I'm assuming all Brazilian time zones are wrong since the whole country doesn't have daylight savings anymore.

It's not really that big a deal to me... might even set it to a different time zone that would show the right time. But I was wondering if there's a w
... See more
Hello! I've just set my timezone but Brazil but it's wrong because of daylight savings. The Brazilian government decided to not have daylight savings anymore so actually my timezone isn't GMT-0200 but GMT-0300.

I'm assuming all Brazilian time zones are wrong since the whole country doesn't have daylight savings anymore.

It's not really that big a deal to me... might even set it to a different time zone that would show the right time. But I was wondering if there's a way to fix it?

Katerina
Collapse

Pedro Moreno da Costa
Brian Howells

Brian Howells
Brian Howells  Identity Verified
Brazil
Japanese to English
+ ...
Correction to time zone for central/southern Brazil Dec 7, 2021

Please note that the correct time zone for the central/southern states of Brazil, including SP, where I am, is GMT -3:00 and not GMT -2:00 and my current time is 20:00. Thank-you

[Edited at 2021-12-07 23:00 GMT]

FERNANDA NAKASATO
FERNANDA NAKASATO
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Wrong GMT time Feb 10, 2023

When I was setting my time zone preferences, I noticed that my current time zone (Brazil southeast) is labeled as GMT-0200, which is incorrect as GMT-0200 is only for the atlantic islands.
I'm in Rio de Janeiro, in Brazil's southeast, which is in the Brasília time zone, GMT-0300.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing time zone and date/time localization

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »