Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >
Plus features: "Call me" button and priority messaging (aka. "real-time communications")
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Daniela Slankamenac
Daniela Slankamenac  Identity Verified
Serbia
Local time: 07:23
English to Serbian
Still nothing Nov 29, 2016

I keep getting the same message.

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 02:23
SITE STAFF
Following up directly with those having trouble Nov 30, 2016

A few people are still having trouble verifying their phone numbers. I am in contact with them directly, and working with our telephony provider to resolve the individual issues.

If you are having trouble verifying your phone number and I have not contacted you directly, please submit a support request.

Thanks!

Jason

Muhammad Said
Muhammad Said  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 08:23
Member (2013)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Same issue Dec 5, 2016

Same issue...

Waiting for a better solution.

Query 1

Query 2

[Edited at 2016-12-05 02:43 GMT]

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
Use standardized format for phone numbers Dec 5, 2016

Hi Muhammad,

It looks like the system doesn't understand your phone number in the format you entered it. Try re-entering your phone number in the international standard format (E.164), by making these changes:

1. Remove any leading zeros from the start of the number.
2. Start with a "+" and then your country code (+20 for Egypt).
... See more
Hi Muhammad,

It looks like the system doesn't understand your phone number in the format you entered it. Try re-entering your phone number in the international standard format (E.164), by making these changes:

1. Remove any leading zeros from the start of the number.
2. Start with a "+" and then your country code (+20 for Egypt).

Based on your screenshot, your standardized number would start like this:

+20100...

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jason
Collapse

Moreechika
Moreechika
Bangladesh
English to Bengali
+ ...
Whatsapp? Jan 9, 2017

Would it be possible to add Whatsapp call to the "Click to call" feature, in addition to Skype?

Regi2006
Regi2006  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 13:23
Member (2007)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Chat button Jan 10, 2017

Dear Henry,

Have you thought about adding Chat button on translators' quotes? That feature will allow the job posters to have real-time "chat" communications with the translators that they want to contact.

If the translators are online, a chat window will appear to start the conversation. If they are offline, messages will be sent directly to the translators' inbox, which they can read once they go online.

Just a thought.

Verdi

Ps
... See more
Dear Henry,

Have you thought about adding Chat button on translators' quotes? That feature will allow the job posters to have real-time "chat" communications with the translators that they want to contact.

If the translators are online, a chat window will appear to start the conversation. If they are offline, messages will be sent directly to the translators' inbox, which they can read once they go online.

Just a thought.

Verdi

Ps. That being said, I don't think I am interested in all new Plus features being introduced.

[Edited at 2017-01-10 12:20 GMT]
Collapse

Mikhail Kropotov
Mikhail Kropotov  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:23
English to Russian
+ ...
I was surprised to find out I'm available to be contacted via voice and video Jul 26, 2018

As soon as I was alerted to this (I received an email notification of someone trying to chat with me), I defaulted all settings to "not available".

Who thought this was a good idea?

Tom in London
SandraV
IrinaN

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:23
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Why removed? Jul 28, 2018

I notice that all the posts from people who thought this was a bad idea have been removed.

Lesley Andrews
Lesley Andrews  Identity Verified
United States
Portuguese to English
+ ...
auto-on at launch? Oct 9, 2018

Hello,

It seems that when this feature was added notifications were enabled by default. I was not aware of it until just now when I was contacted by someone I strongly suspect was a scammer. Have now disabled the feature entirely.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Indeed Oct 9, 2018

Mikhail Kropotov wrote:

Who thought this was a good idea?

Indeed. I don't want anyone calling me or texting me. I'm busy translating.

ALSO

I don't want anyone contacting me via ProZ.com instant message. I can't find any way to turn that off. Could someone please tell me how to do it? TIA

[Edited at 2018-10-09 14:25 GMT]

SandraV

Ivan Dzinkic
Ivan Dzinkic  Identity Verified
Canada
English
+ ...
Would you be able to verify my number as well? Jul 26, 2019

Jason Grimes wrote:

I'm looking into the issues getting your phone numbers verified, Kalinka and Daniela. I will report back soon. Thanks for your patience.

Jason

Hi Jason,

since you took it upon yourself to help out Kalinka and Daniela, I was wondering if you'd be able to help me out as well. As other users have reported, I get the "Error: [HTTP 400] Unable to create record: Account not allowed to call +38766****34"

Thanks,

Ivan

Fazliddin Madiev
Fazliddin Madiev
Uzbekistan
Local time: 11:23
Turkish to Uzbek
+ ...
Do I have to pay to join the site? Sep 3, 2020

Dear friends, I need your help. I am a membership this site almost 6 month. But until today not receiving any e mail. I did not get it. Do I have to pay to register on this site? Please, help solve this problem.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
ProZ.com membership and email Sep 4, 2020

Fazliddin Madiev wrote:

Dear friends, I need your help. I am a membership this site almost 6 month. But until today not receiving any e mail. I did not get it. Do I have to pay to register on this site? Please, help solve this problem.

ProZ.com (paid) membership is not required to receive or send email messages through site profiles, Fazliddin. I'll contact you privately now so that we can take a look why you may not be receiving any.

Lucia

Fazliddin Madiev

Nicksoni Filbert
Nicksoni Filbert  Identity Verified
Tanzania
Local time: 09:23
Member (2022)
English to Swahili
+ ...
Call Button Sep 12, 2023

I have tried to verify my number but they keep on saying error even when I write the code displayed on my laptop. Kindly help.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Deleted Sep 12, 2023

Deleted- I worked it out.

[Edited at 2023-09-12 14:41 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Plus features: "Call me" button and priority messaging (aka. "real-time communications")

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »