bendksu
bendksu  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 23:22
Member (2011)
Danish to English
+ ...
Mar 12, 2014

I have translated approximately 5,000 words today using Studio 2011 and BeGlobal. All of a sudden I receive an error stating that I have reached the limit for BeGlobal for the day.

According to this post, I have not reached the limit: ... See more
I have translated approximately 5,000 words today using Studio 2011 and BeGlobal. All of a sudden I receive an error stating that I have reached the limit for BeGlobal for the day.

According to this post, I have not reached the limit:

http://esl.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/250864-servidor_sdl_be_global_error_2004.html

I have contacted SDL, but they told me they could not help me and that I needed to send a mail to their general contact address. This seems odd to me.

Does anyone else know anything about this? I also have Studio 2014, but haven't used it yet. If I open the document in 2014, will this be fixed?

Thanks.
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Please drop me an email... Mar 13, 2014

... so I know who you are and I will ask for your account to be checked.

Regards

Paul
[email protected]

Mark Nathan
Mark Nathan  Identity Verified
France
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
I have the same problem Mar 13, 2014

It started last night and then this morning it still says that I have reached the maximum number of words for this day.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
BeGlobal Community... a little information Mar 13, 2014

Hi,

We thought it would make sense to share some of the offerings we have at SDL, especially around BeGlobal and to explain the difference between the solutions we offer.

Basically you can split BeGlobal into three categories at a high level.

BeGlobal Community : this is a free service offered to anyone with a Studio license allowing them to access Machine Translation when working with SDL Trados Studio.

BeGlobal Enterprise :
... See more
Hi,

We thought it would make sense to share some of the offerings we have at SDL, especially around BeGlobal and to explain the difference between the solutions we offer.

Basically you can split BeGlobal into three categories at a high level.

BeGlobal Community : this is a free service offered to anyone with a Studio license allowing them to access Machine Translation when working with SDL Trados Studio.

BeGlobal Enterprise : this is a paid for service where SDL train and manage Machine Translation engines so that they provide improved translations for the specific domain material being translated. The training would be based on approved translations that were in the form of a translation memory provided by a paying customer. In addition approved terminology can also be used to ensure that the Machine Translation is using approved and consistent terminology.

BeGlobal Trainer : this is another paid for service where anyone can purchase the ability to train their own engines themselves so they provide improved translations for the specific domain material they work with. Again based on approved translations in the form of a Translation Memory and again approved terminology can also be used to ensure that the Machine Translation is using approved and consistent terminology.

The popularity of BeGlobal Community has grown immensely since we launched this offering, and this means we also need to provide additional infrastructure support and maintenance to ensure it works as intended. It also means we are continually looking at how we can bring improved Machine Translation to a wider audience as a workable business model. When a translator uses BeGlobal Community for a few thousand words a day it’s manageable, but when this starts to becomes hundreds of thousands or even millions of words a day then this is not something we can continue to provide free of charge. You may recall that Google went through a similar realisation and the original implementations of Google Translate were free... but for a couple of years now you do have a cost associated with using this service in an automated solution via their API.

We have not yet reached the point where we are going to be charging for using the BeGlobal Community service, but in order for us to be able to maintain the level of service we do we have been looking at restricting the amount of use. We have to consider this because otherwise we won't be able to continue providing the free facility that is quite useful for looking things up where you don't have a match at all in your translation memory.

So for the time being the limits have been reverted to what they had been since the launch, but they are very likely to be lowered in the near future as we move to packaged subscription services for accessing BeGlobal machine translation. Stay tuned on communication around this from SDL in the near future.

I hope this clears the situation up.

Regards

Paul
On behalf of the SDL team

[Edited at 2014-03-13 13:44 GMT]
Collapse

Przemysław Trawiński
Przemysław Trawiński
Poland
English to Polish
Current limits? Aug 13, 2014

I have got the same problem as Mark Nathan.

So two questions:

So what are the current limits?
These seem not to be valid any more:
100,000 translations per 24 hours
100,000 words per 24 hours
2,000,000,000 bytes 24 hours

Where can I find more on SDL BeGlobal Enterprise, its API, costs etc.?

[Edited at 2014-08-13 06:06 GMT]

[Edited at 2014-08-13 06:07 GMT]

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
KB #4966 Aug 13, 2014

Hi,

This KB gives you more details: http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4966

Basically you have 600,000 characters per month with Language Cloud, and 4,000 words per day with the old BeGlobal.

If you have Studio 2014 SP1 CU6 or above then you will be using Language Cloud now, and if you are using a lower version down to Studio 2011 then you
... See more
Hi,

This KB gives you more details: http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4966

Basically you have 600,000 characters per month with Language Cloud, and 4,000 words per day with the old BeGlobal.

If you have Studio 2014 SP1 CU6 or above then you will be using Language Cloud now, and if you are using a lower version down to Studio 2011 then you will be using BeGlobal.

Both are based on a 24-hr cycle from the time you signed up. So if you signed at 1400hrs you have the limits above until 1400hrs the next day, or the next month, and then it starts again

If you are interested in more details around SDL BeGlobal Enterprise then please drop me an email and I'll put you in touch with the appropriate person to discuss your needs.

Regards

Paul
[email protected]
Collapse

ChananZass
ChananZass
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
No free BeGlobal Community for Studio 2014? Aug 13, 2014

After the recent updates of Studio 2014 I've noticed the BeGlobal Community option is no longer available. So if you're still working on an old project that used BeGlobalCommunity, you are forced to remove it because it connects to nowhere.

SDL Language Cloud, the so-called substitute, does not offer anything like the old BeGlobal Community. At least not out of the box, and close to nothing for free.

Can we have BeGlobal Community enabled on Studio 2014? After all, it w
... See more
After the recent updates of Studio 2014 I've noticed the BeGlobal Community option is no longer available. So if you're still working on an old project that used BeGlobalCommunity, you are forced to remove it because it connects to nowhere.

SDL Language Cloud, the so-called substitute, does not offer anything like the old BeGlobal Community. At least not out of the box, and close to nothing for free.

Can we have BeGlobal Community enabled on Studio 2014? After all, it was sold to us as one of the attractions of SDL Trados Studio.

I'm no great expert with Trados, but it seems to me there're few similarities between BeGlobal Community and Language Cloud. The latter is not a real substitute to the former.

I may be missing something here. If so, I'd like to know what.
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
There is a free option... Aug 13, 2014

... and it is the same as the BeGlobal engines. You just have to sign up to Language Cloud and then select the free option. This way you'll have all the same features you had before except for these differences:

• In Studio 2014 SP1 CU6 and above the limit is 600,000 characters per month and BeGlobal uses the Language Cloud features. In earlier versions you still get BeGlobal and the limit is reduced to 4,000 words per 24-hr period ... See more
... and it is the same as the BeGlobal engines. You just have to sign up to Language Cloud and then select the free option. This way you'll have all the same features you had before except for these differences:

• In Studio 2014 SP1 CU6 and above the limit is 600,000 characters per month and BeGlobal uses the Language Cloud features. In earlier versions you still get BeGlobal and the limit is reduced to 4,000 words per 24-hr period from the time you first signed up.
  • In Studio 2014 SP1 CU6 and above you can pay for an option to enhance the MT results with your own terminology before the results are provided to you.
  • In Studio 2014 SP1 CU6 and above you can pay for an option to use trained engines for some verticals and some language pairs (these will all increase as time goes by).

Regards

Paul
Collapse

ChananZass
ChananZass
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Thanks, Paul Aug 15, 2014

I guess this will have to do.
I'll take that bitter pill, and promise to swallow it.

Mark Flynn
Mark Flynn
Germany
German to English
Related question for Paul at SDL Support Aug 30, 2014

I'm working with Studio 2014 with the latest service pack, and although I found it confusing at first, I have now successfully completed the transition from BeGlobal Community to the free version of Language Cloud. I will be considering a subscription as the service develops.

The thing is that now, if there's a match in the TM (100% or fuzzy doesn't seem to matter), the only thing displayed in the translation results window is the match - the machine translation doesn't appear. By t
... See more
I'm working with Studio 2014 with the latest service pack, and although I found it confusing at first, I have now successfully completed the transition from BeGlobal Community to the free version of Language Cloud. I will be considering a subscription as the service develops.

The thing is that now, if there's a match in the TM (100% or fuzzy doesn't seem to matter), the only thing displayed in the translation results window is the match - the machine translation doesn't appear. By the same token, when there is no match in my TM and I have two or more machine translation servers in the settings, only the translation from the machine translation server that is uppermost in the project settings is displayed.

This wasn't the case in Studio 2011. I love seeing as many alternative translations as possible in the translation results window, i.e. my TM matches followed by multiple machine translations. Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Mark
Collapse

Maria Gisella Gamez
Maria Gisella Gamez  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 19:22
English to Italian
+ ...
My Beglobal is not working Dec 23, 2014

Please I need urgent help with this. I used it until last week without problems in all my language combinations.

I have a sdl trados studio 2011 license. I was thinking to update to 2014 but please tell me if be global is not available any longer!!
I counted on this function to estimate one current project

I hope somebody from SDL will solve this for me.
Thank you!

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
If you exceeded the limit... Dec 23, 2014

... then you'll have to wait until tomorrow and try again. If the project you quote on exceeds the daily limit on its own then you won't be able to do it anyway. You can review this article which may help a little for Studio 2011.

However, if you are only quoting I would recommend you don't use MT at all. For this you don't even
... See more
... then you'll have to wait until tomorrow and try again. If the project you quote on exceeds the daily limit on its own then you won't be able to do it anyway. You can review this article which may help a little for Studio 2011.

However, if you are only quoting I would recommend you don't use MT at all. For this you don't even need to generate a target translation as the analysis is based on the source. If you really want something in there, maybe to estimate DTP effort in the target files then I'd recommend you use the Pseudo-translate batch task and this won't cost a penny.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Andrea Maldonado
Andrea Maldonado
Guatemala
Local time: 16:22
English to Spanish
+ ...
BeGlobal Community disabled Jan 23, 2015

Hi Paul and everyone,

I have not been able to connect to BeGlobal Community with Trados Studio 2014. When I updated from 2011, it offered me to connect to Language Cloud and I did, but it was only a 30 day trial, so now when I try to connect to it, it wants to charge me. When I try to add BeGlobal to the TMs list, a window pops up with the following message:

"The transla
... See more
Hi Paul and everyone,

I have not been able to connect to BeGlobal Community with Trados Studio 2014. When I updated from 2011, it offered me to connect to Language Cloud and I did, but it was only a 30 day trial, so now when I try to connect to it, it wants to charge me. When I try to add BeGlobal to the TMs list, a window pops up with the following message:

"The translation provider ‘(beglobalcommunity:///)’ could not be opened and has been disabled."

I tried to contact support at SDL, but apparently I contacted the wrong department and I haven't been able to find a contact address to write to.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Could you help me enable it again?

In advance I thank you for your attention,

ANDREA
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Sounds as though... Jan 23, 2015

... you either don't have an internet connection, or something is blocking the access to Language Cloud. When this happens the provider is disabled.

Another possibility is that it may be specifically referring to BeGlobal, which we used to use in 2011 but not in 2014. So if you have a template you have reused from 2011 that included BeGlobal then this may be where the problem lies. Studio 2014 uses SDL Language Cloud. So try checking your templates (
... See more
... you either don't have an internet connection, or something is blocking the access to Language Cloud. When this happens the provider is disabled.

Another possibility is that it may be specifically referring to BeGlobal, which we used to use in 2011 but not in 2014. So if you have a template you have reused from 2011 that included BeGlobal then this may be where the problem lies. Studio 2014 uses SDL Language Cloud. So try checking your templates (File -> Options -> Setup -> Project Templates) and remove the reference to any BeGlobal Providers that might still be there.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Andrea Maldonado
Andrea Maldonado
Guatemala
Local time: 16:22
English to Spanish
+ ...
Language Cloud not listed in drop-down menu Jan 23, 2015

Hi Paul, thank you for your answer. I do have an internet connection. When I was offered the Language Cloud, I signed in and after 30 days my trial expired. I received a message offering the $10-, $35- and $75- packages, so I had given up on using Automated Translation assistance in my projects. Somehow I found this thread and thought that maybe the BeGlobal was still working with the 2014 version, but now I understand that it is not. I also found out that there is a free option of Language Clou... See more
Hi Paul, thank you for your answer. I do have an internet connection. When I was offered the Language Cloud, I signed in and after 30 days my trial expired. I received a message offering the $10-, $35- and $75- packages, so I had given up on using Automated Translation assistance in my projects. Somehow I found this thread and thought that maybe the BeGlobal was still working with the 2014 version, but now I understand that it is not. I also found out that there is a free option of Language Cloud and I entered my SDL Account and selected the free one. Although it says that it is valid until February 22nd and it has an option to renew automatically, but when I am in the ‘Translation Memory and Automated Translation’ window and I click ‘Add’, the Language Cloud is not listed in the drop down menu to select it. Or is it that the free option is the 30-day trial and you are allowed to use it only once?Collapse

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

BeGlobal limit error

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »