Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5 6] >
New like / share buttons in ProZ.com forums? (Staff: "Not yet")
Thread poster: John Fossey
John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 19:12
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
May 18, 2018

Have I not been paying attention or are the Like and Share buttons that now appear in forum posts a new feature?

+1!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2018-06-13 17:41 GMT]

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 23:12
Danish to English
+ ...
New May 18, 2018

New feature, it seems. Finally.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
? May 18, 2018

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

New feature, it seems. Finally.

Why do I not see them?

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Odd you don't see it May 18, 2018

This is what it looks like:

Capture

If you don't see it, you could try the usual remedies: refresh the page, clear the cache and clear proz.com cookies.

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 00:12
English to Italian
Same here May 18, 2018

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

Capture

If you don't see it, you could try the usual remedies: refresh the page, clear the cache and clear proz.com cookies.

Same here (even after clearing the cache).

I guess this might be linked to the fact that sharing on LinkedIn/FB (which has been in place for a long while now) never worked for me (and I did open a ticket about it a long time ago)...

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Hmmmm May 18, 2018

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

Capture

What will I lose if I clear proz.com cookies? Emptying the cache didn't do anything.

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 19:12
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER

Tom in London wrote:

What will I lose if I clear proz.com cookies? Emptying the cache didn't do anything.

You will probably just have to log in again.

Make sure popups are enabled as well. I notice the Like and Share buttons load after the page has loaded, so they must be in a separate frame.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Same here May 18, 2018

Mirko Mainardi wrote:

Same here (even after clearing the cache).

Same here. And I'm not going to trash my proz.com cookies because doing so would probably generate extra work resetting things. I can't be bothered with stuff like that. I'll just have to struggle through life without "Like" buttons.

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Cookies May 18, 2018

Cookies are just for temporary settings (and mostly advertising), including keeping your Proz session open, so you may have to log in again. That's hopefully not the end of the world.

Google search keeps its settings in a cookie, but that's the only function or site I have ever come across that keeps permanent settings in cookies. It's poor design.

If you still can't get it to work, I suggest opening a support ticket. It's possible that not all their servers have been u
... See more
Cookies are just for temporary settings (and mostly advertising), including keeping your Proz session open, so you may have to log in again. That's hopefully not the end of the world.

Google search keeps its settings in a cookie, but that's the only function or site I have ever come across that keeps permanent settings in cookies. It's poor design.

If you still can't get it to work, I suggest opening a support ticket. It's possible that not all their servers have been updated, and that you get the pages from another server than we do. I recently had such a problem with Proz in another context. They finally uncovered a dusty server in a corner whose settings they had forgotten.
Collapse

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Cookies May 18, 2018

I just cleared my Proz cookies. All that happens is that you have to log in again. 99.9% of all cookies are expendable.

Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
No Like/Share button here May 18, 2018

I don't have these buttons either.

Ivana UK
Ivana UK  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
The Like icon looks like the Facebook Like May 18, 2018

I don't see them either but the Like button looks like the Facebook Like. I wonder if it's only visible to those who have linked their Facebook account to Proz.com.

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
I don't think so. May 18, 2018

Ivana UK wrote:

I don't see them either but the Like button looks like the Facebook Like. I wonder if it's only visible to those who have linked their Facebook account to Proz.com.

My FB account has not been linked to ProZ and I have been seeing like/share buttons here for a couple of days now (if I remember correctly).

Nate Hill
Nate Hill
United States
English
+ ...
Check your new consent settings May 18, 2018

To everyone not seeing the sharing features, please ensure you have given consent in the new "Data & privacy settings" menu option. You should see them after giving social cookie consent. Here are screenshots to guide you:

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 9.17.37

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 9.17.51

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 9.18.02

Andriy Yasharov
Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 01:12
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
AdBlocker May 18, 2018

Disabling an AdBlocker on ProZ.com may help. It worked for me.

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5 6] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New like / share buttons in ProZ.com forums? (Staff: "Not yet")

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »