How can I get back the original Studio GroupShare files for a batch without having to check in?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 02:46
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
May 7, 2021

How can I get back the original Studio GroupShare files for a batch without having to check in?

I already checked-out the files for one of the six batches (almost 70,000 words) for reviewing. To be able to keep track of my progress, I started with changing status for all files by selecting all files and changing status to Not translated (white icon). However, I'm afraid that something went wrong and that all files were reverted back to the original machine-translated version (it's a
... See more

I already checked-out the files for one of the six batches (almost 70,000 words) for reviewing. To be able to keep track of my progress, I started with changing status for all files by selecting all files and changing status to Not translated (white icon). However, I'm afraid that something went wrong and that all files were reverted back to the original machine-translated version (it's a big MTPE project). Because when I looked at the segments I discovered that they were all machine-translated. It's late here and I'm getting tired, so I don't remember the translations before I changed segment status. But after I had changed segment status to Not translated, all the segments seem to be of the machine-translation versions.

The reason for changing status to Not translated is that I can review let's say 100 or 200 segments and then change segment status to translated, then go on with the next 100 or 200 segments, and so on. There are many files in each batch, so I have them all opened at the same time, and the only way to be able to keep track of my progress continously as I review is to change segment status to Not translate.

When done with the reviewing of one batch, I simply change segment status back to Translated for all segments, then save all files and close them before I finally run the batch task Update main translation memory to get my changes from the review updated in the translation memory.

But is it possible that all the translation were reverted back from the human-translated versions to the machine-translated versions in the process of changing status from Translated to Not translated?

I tried with another batch to change segment status from Translated to Not translated for one segment containing a term from the termbase that was machine-translated in that other batch. But here, in this batch, it was correctly kept as it should with its translation from the termbase.

If, however, something happened when I changed segment status to Not translated, how can I get back to the original files with human-translated segments? I already saved this file locally. I can not check it in because then it would replace the server version. Is there a way to get the server version, the original version, without having to check in my currently checked-out batch?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »