ITI Membership for someone living outside the UK?
Thread poster: Taha Shoeb
Taha Shoeb
Taha Shoeb
India
Local time: 19:27
Arabic to English
+ ...
Dec 3, 2017

Dear fellow translators

I have been member of this site for one year now and furthermore, I have been in the translation field for around 5 years. I have had clients who approached me through Proz so I think it has been a fruitful investment so far, as far as the Proz membership is concerned.

However, moving a step ahead, I have been thinking of getting an MITI but since I am located in India, I wonder whether getting this membership will be worthwhile or not?
<
... See more
Dear fellow translators

I have been member of this site for one year now and furthermore, I have been in the translation field for around 5 years. I have had clients who approached me through Proz so I think it has been a fruitful investment so far, as far as the Proz membership is concerned.

However, moving a step ahead, I have been thinking of getting an MITI but since I am located in India, I wonder whether getting this membership will be worthwhile or not?

I would appreciate any advice from fellow colleagues in this regard.

Thank you in advance!
Collapse

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
Contact ITI directly Dec 4, 2017

I'm an ITI member (student associate at this time) and I live in the USA. You shouldn't have any problems becoming an ITI member.

Cheers.

Mario

Taha Shoeb
Taha Shoeb
India
Local time: 19:27
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much Dec 5, 2017

Thank you so much for reassuring me about this. Have a great week ahead!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ITI Membership for someone living outside the UK?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »