Wordfast Pro 5 Projects Not Showing Up on Project List + Problem with path
Thread poster: Shizuka Otake
Shizuka Otake
Shizuka Otake
United States
Japanese to English
+ ...
Nov 21, 2020

I'm having a very basic and very frustrating problem.
I bought Wordfast in July, tried using it a few times, and was successful with small documents. I never really did much with it.

My Mac had memory issues (unrelated to Wordfast), so I wiped the whole thing in November. I decided that the Catalina OS was problematic so I installed Mojave. I successfully reinstalled all my programs/applications and migrated my documents.

I was able to reinstall Wordfast. I trie
... See more
I'm having a very basic and very frustrating problem.
I bought Wordfast in July, tried using it a few times, and was successful with small documents. I never really did much with it.

My Mac had memory issues (unrelated to Wordfast), so I wiped the whole thing in November. I decided that the Catalina OS was problematic so I installed Mojave. I successfully reinstalled all my programs/applications and migrated my documents.

I was able to reinstall Wordfast. I tried creating projects, tms, and glossaries.
A few strange things happened.

1. Wordfast kept trying to save projects, tms, and glossaries in a specific path that no longer exists. (e.g. Users/Person1/desktop). The new path is Users/Person/desktop. I use browse to set up the path I want, this doesn't work, Wordfast keeps trying to go back to the old path, and I use browse again. Usually after I use browse twice, I can get Wordfast to select my desired path.

2. I'm able to create files called tms and glossaries and store them on the desired path.

3. When I try to save my project, I get an error message every time
saying "An error occurred during project creation."
Screenshot1

4. But when I check the location on my computer, the project file has been created .

5. When I go to Wordfast, I can't see the project anywhere on the project list.

Long story short, I can't use Wordfast at all right now.
I DID send an urgent ticket on Thursday. I still haven't heard back.

Any help would be really appreciated.
Collapse

JohnWhi
JohnWhi
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:14
French to English
Add Project Nov 22, 2020

To add existing project files to the list, "Add Project" may work.

Shizuka Otake
Shizuka Otake
United States
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Nov 23, 2020

Permissions on project folder showed fetching, not my user name.
So I changed permissions to my user name and applied read and write permissions to the enclosed content.

This didn't solve the problem so I went into the hidden library, found all Wordfast related documents, threw them out, threw out Wordfast.
This time I made sure to trash the documents under Shared.

I reinstalled and now Wordfast is saving projects for me.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 5 Projects Not Showing Up on Project List + Problem with path

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »