Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 02:26
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Dec 10, 2020

Since I have Word 365, WFC does not seem to work. I looked at the manual for version 8 (which I downloaded now), but cannot make sense of it. I tried to enable all macros, but ctr+alt+W always gets an error message.

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 01:26
Spanish to English
+ ...
Don't know Dec 12, 2020

I had to Google Microsoft 365 to see the details - turns out it is a subscription service that "ensures you always have the most up-to-date modern productivity tools" from Microsoft. I suspect that is where the problem lies, too many updates and new features. I've been using WF Classic for a long time, and, for example, wasn't able to use it with Excel files with any MS Office versions after 2010. For this reason, I now keep a backup computer with a 2010 version of office installed on it so that... See more
I had to Google Microsoft 365 to see the details - turns out it is a subscription service that "ensures you always have the most up-to-date modern productivity tools" from Microsoft. I suspect that is where the problem lies, too many updates and new features. I've been using WF Classic for a long time, and, for example, wasn't able to use it with Excel files with any MS Office versions after 2010. For this reason, I now keep a backup computer with a 2010 version of office installed on it so that I can continue to work with Excel files.

Every time I get a new computer, my tech guy wants to install the latest Office suite, but I always opt for an earlier version, preferably one that I am used to, because most of the new features released in the past 15 years or so don't interest me.

[Edited at 2020-12-12 19:27 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFC on Word 365?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »