Thread poster: Magdalena Psiuk
Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:33
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
It happened to me today Oct 5, 2020

First of all, I've used WfC since 2004 and never had a similar problem.
Today, it cleaned the first 4.000 characters out of 50.000 in a document, and so looking for a solution I found this thread.

The first part was ok, the rest didn't contain any hidden text though but only "normal" fonts, with {,}, >, < and so on, so I couldn't search for hidden text, and it was unthinkable to delete manually all the text of the source language (several thousand words...). I found myself i
... See more
First of all, I've used WfC since 2004 and never had a similar problem.
Today, it cleaned the first 4.000 characters out of 50.000 in a document, and so looking for a solution I found this thread.

The first part was ok, the rest didn't contain any hidden text though but only "normal" fonts, with {,}, >, < and so on, so I couldn't search for hidden text, and it was unthinkable to delete manually all the text of the source language (several thousand words...). I found myself in a nightmare.

Finally, I decided to run the original file again with the TM, and it worked! I noticed, though, that some of the latest corrections and some of the spell corrections were lost, so it still cost me quite some time but I felt very relieved!

For what it is worth, maybe trying this solution could work too for someone in the same situation.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast clean-up doesn't work

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »