Marcos Zattar
Germany
Local time: 13:29
Member (2007)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Jun 18, 2009

Hello,

using across PE, is it possible to produce a bilingual table in .rtf or .doc format on basis of a translated text, as it is offered by Deja-Vu or the PlusToyz from Wordfast? This kind of presentation is very useful in my classes and also for paper proofreading.

Regards,
Marcos

Uwe Schwenk (X)
Uwe Schwenk (X)
Local time: 06:29
English to German
Bi-Lingual table Jun 18, 2009

Marcos,

this is not possible in across itself because in across does not work on the concept of bilingual files.

However, what you could do is to have the outsource and the target document open and display them side by side.

Another option would be (I am using this for my classes), bring it to your classes and project it on the screen, because the working window does contain a side by side view of source and target.

Uwe

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 14:29
English to Turkish
+ ...
what about preview function? Jun 18, 2009

I have uninstalled Across so I cannot test this option, but as far as I remember preview function can be used. I am not sure but then you can save it as html.

Marcos Zattar
Marcos Zattar
Germany
Local time: 13:29
Member (2007)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Maybe this could be a suggestion of function to implemented... Jun 19, 2009

Thanks for the tips, I'll try the preview function. Anyway, a solution that would allow me to print the table would be great, since I do proofreading on paper. I'll post should I soon find out a way out for this.

Regards
Marcos

Uwe Schwenk (X)
Uwe Schwenk (X)
Local time: 06:29
English to German
Proofreading on paper Jun 19, 2009

Marcos,

while there is no "direct way" your statement "print the table" is the solution.

Create a blank document and use the landscape layout.

Insert a table with 2 columns.

Copy the source into one column and the target into the other.

Uwe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bilingual table

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »