What is the best way to receive money in Arab countries?
Thread poster: Ziad Marzouka
Ziad Marzouka
Ziad Marzouka  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 06:49
English to Arabic
+ ...
May 22, 2005

Hello,
As we all know that PayPal does not cover Arab countries, and as I read in the forums some members had problems with Moneybookers so What's the best and cheapest way to receive money ? What about checks and bank transfers? any ideas? Thanks

Mumtaz
Mumtaz
Local time: 07:49
English to Arabic
+ ...
Moneybookers! May 22, 2005

This is my 3rd year receiving money from U.K. via moneybookers.com, and never had a problem with them, receiving money is free, but withdraw fee costs %1.80, 4 days and your money in your pocket!

Kind Regards

Redha (X)
Redha (X)
Local time: 05:49
French to Arabic
+ ...
Here in Algeria May 22, 2005

Hi Ziad,

Serious Problems with Moneybookers ? I didn't hear of such thing. Perhaps delay issues or.. oh yes, I remember of a member (Yolanta ?) who has been charged by his bank (twice) before the transfer was rejected.

You say arab countries.. there are dozens. Here in Algeria, choices are somewhat limited. Very few banks deliver credit cards. You can of course ask for a Western Union payment, but as you
... See more
Hi Ziad,

Serious Problems with Moneybookers ? I didn't hear of such thing. Perhaps delay issues or.. oh yes, I remember of a member (Yolanta ?) who has been charged by his bank (twice) before the transfer was rejected.

You say arab countries.. there are dozens. Here in Algeria, choices are somewhat limited. Very few banks deliver credit cards. You can of course ask for a Western Union payment, but as you know they charge HUGE fees : Definitely unacceptable with small amounts.

My two dinars
Redha
Collapse

Stephen Franke
Stephen Franke
United States
Local time: 21:49
English to Arabic
+ ...
Bank-to-bank currency conversions & transfers or international money order May 23, 2005

Greetings... taHaiya tayyiba wa b3ad...

Hiyakum Allah jamii3aan.

In that situation, the optimum methods to receive payment would seem to be:

(1) bank-to-bank currency conversions and transfers

or

(2) require payment by delivery to you of an international money order (i.e., American Express or Barclay's Bank), although you still will absorb and suck up the costs of currency conversions and related servicing fees when you redeeem
... See more
Greetings... taHaiya tayyiba wa b3ad...

Hiyakum Allah jamii3aan.

In that situation, the optimum methods to receive payment would seem to be:

(1) bank-to-bank currency conversions and transfers

or

(2) require payment by delivery to you of an international money order (i.e., American Express or Barclay's Bank), although you still will absorb and suck up the costs of currency conversions and related servicing fees when you redeeem the money order.

Both factors are substantive reasons when you consider
whether to undertake project on behalf of an 'out-of-country' customer.

In other words, you'll get paid, but payment into your hands will arrive somewhat later than normal (as compared to timely payment by domestic and closer customers) and you will realize less net profit unless you included those inescapable administrative costs of banking services in your original quote and related negotiations about the project.

HTH.

Regards,

Stephen H. Franke
(English Arabic,
Kurdiah, and Persian Farsi)
San Pedro, California
Collapse

Amal Al-Arfaj
Amal Al-Arfaj
Saudi Arabia
Member (2005)
English to Arabic
+ ...
The 3 ways May 23, 2005

I never had any problems with Moneybookers at all. Checks are good but might take up to 2 months to be cleared. In Saudi, They have to be US checks. Bank transfers are the best, of course, but their transfer fees varies (between $10 - $45 depending on the Country/State(

Personally, I use all of the above

BTW, I contacted Paypal a couple of months ago and they said they are planning to support all Arab c
... See more
I never had any problems with Moneybookers at all. Checks are good but might take up to 2 months to be cleared. In Saudi, They have to be US checks. Bank transfers are the best, of course, but their transfer fees varies (between $10 - $45 depending on the Country/State(

Personally, I use all of the above

BTW, I contacted Paypal a couple of months ago and they said they are planning to support all Arab countries in the near future, Insha Allah.

Regards,

Amal
Collapse

Ziad Marzouka
Ziad Marzouka  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 06:49
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
another couple of questions May 23, 2005

Thanks for the reply, i just have another couple of questions, did your bank charge you any fees for the transaction? and does your bank account has to be in the same currency the transfer is? and when the withdrawal is made, it is simply deposited in your account without any other procedures?
thanks a lot again!
All of your answers were very helpful, thanks guys.

Mumtaz wrote:

This is my 3rd year receiving money from U.K. via moneybookers.com, and never had a problem with them, receiving money is free, but withdraw fee costs %1.80, 4 days and your money in your pocket!

Kind Regards

Mumtaz
Mumtaz
English to Arabic
+ ...
Moneybookers May 23, 2005

1. First you should go to http://moneybookers.com to create an account, make sure to read FAQ, and to give correct infos.
2. when you receive cash via moneybookers, they will email you at once, or send you an SMS, you need to log in to withdraw, choose the currency you prefer and send your transaction to any bank or destination you want, wait 3-4 days to receive the money.
3. My banks, Arab Bank and J
... See more
1. First you should go to http://moneybookers.com to create an account, make sure to read FAQ, and to give correct infos.
2. when you receive cash via moneybookers, they will email you at once, or send you an SMS, you need to log in to withdraw, choose the currency you prefer and send your transaction to any bank or destination you want, wait 3-4 days to receive the money.
3. My banks, Arab Bank and Jordan Kuwait Bank, do not charge me any kind of fees for transactions, on the contrary, they SHOULD be so happy for such transactions!
4. My account is in JDs currency, and I receive transactions in Dollars, Pounds and Euros, depending on my withdraw from my moneybookers account.
5. You need to tell your bank, in advanced, what to do once they receive transactions, either to transfer them into local currency then add them to your account or to keep them as they are.

If you still have any further questions, please post.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is the best way to receive money in Arab countries?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »