Thread poster: Steve Booth
Steve Booth
Steve Booth  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:06
English to Arabic
+ ...
Nov 20, 2007

Dear Colleagues,

I have been shown a photograph of an inscription in Arabic on a wall which comes from a mosque in bosnia herzegovina.
I have been asked if i can identify where the inscription is from I have searched on line and cannot find it. I expected it to be from The Holy Qur'an or from The hadiths If anyone could identify the source of the text i would be grateful.

The Arabic is

لقد جاء في صحاءف الايام منشورا
و�
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

I have been shown a photograph of an inscription in Arabic on a wall which comes from a mosque in bosnia herzegovina.
I have been asked if i can identify where the inscription is from I have searched on line and cannot find it. I expected it to be from The Holy Qur'an or from The hadiths If anyone could identify the source of the text i would be grateful.

The Arabic is

لقد جاء في صحاءف الايام منشورا
وهجرة النبوية تعبير الحروف محسوبا

شكرا جزيلا لمساعدتكم
Collapse

Khalid Nasir
Khalid Nasir
Iraq
Local time: 17:06
English to Arabic
+ ...
surely not from the Holy Qur'an or from the hadiths or from Arabic Poetry Nov 21, 2007

Hi,

As spelling, the text should be like this
لقد جاء في صحائف الأيام منشورا
وهجرة النبوية تعبير الحروف محسوب

It is surely not from the Holy Qur'an or from the hadiths

The translation for the first line is as follow:
It has be published in the days papers,

The translation for the second line is :
The Prophet's Hijra (immigration) letters expression is calculated.... See more
Hi,

As spelling, the text should be like this
لقد جاء في صحائف الأيام منشورا
وهجرة النبوية تعبير الحروف محسوب

It is surely not from the Holy Qur'an or from the hadiths

The translation for the first line is as follow:
It has be published in the days papers,

The translation for the second line is :
The Prophet's Hijra (immigration) letters expression is calculated.

The meaning of two lines is vague, what does (day papers in the first line ) mean?are they actual papers and records or a figurative expression to describe destiny and fate?

Are there missing words to make the second line a complete sentence or phrase?

It look however a comment of Inscription Owner to say

In the first line: it has been written by destiny or something nearer to this meaning
In the second line: I think he wanted to put a date, but there are missing words to be added to go this conclusion

However they are not verses though the first line looks like a verse but is not.

thats all what I can help.
Collapse

Steve Booth
Steve Booth  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:06
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 21, 2007

Khalid

thanks a lot for that I did make a typing error in the first line which you spotted صحاءف should indeed be صحائف but i have checked the pitcure again and the second line is definitely as the inscription says. محسوبا

There may have been some more text but that was all he had in his photograph.

Steve

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Inscription on wall of a mosque

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »