andreavda
andreavda
Italia
Local time: 18:30
Da Francese a Italiano
+ ...
Oct 8, 2015

Hi everyone !
I'm new here, I live in Italy and I was thinking of applying to a bachelor degree in Interpretation and Translation Studies, I was wondering if you knew some universities in Europe where I could take this bachelor.

Woodstock (X)
Woodstock (X)  Identity Verified
Germania
Da Tedesco a Inglese
+ ...
A search engine like Google is a good place to start Oct 8, 2015

I got about 100,000 hits entering ["translation programs" Europe] with a different search engine:
https://ixquick.com/do/metasearch.pl

Once you have found a few that look interesting to you, you are welcome to come back and ask if anyone has experience with them. Without knowing you or anything about you, it's extremely difficult to make any useful suggestions, and Europe is a big
... See more
I got about 100,000 hits entering ["translation programs" Europe] with a different search engine:
https://ixquick.com/do/metasearch.pl

Once you have found a few that look interesting to you, you are welcome to come back and ask if anyone has experience with them. Without knowing you or anything about you, it's extremely difficult to make any useful suggestions, and Europe is a big place.

You can also access the Proz list of T&I schools as follows:

In the menu bar above click Jobs & directories
--> Translator organizations
--> Choose T&I schools in the navigation bar at the top right of the page

Congratulations, you have just completed your first lesson in translation: how to do basic research!

Edited for clarity

[Edited at 2015-10-08 16:38 GMT]
Collapse

andreavda
andreavda
Italia
Da Francese a Italiano
+ ...
AVVIO ARGOMENTO
How to make a good choice ? Oct 18, 2015

thanks Woodstock, that really helps, it's exactly what I was looking for.
Now that I have the comprehensive list of all the schools, the next step is:
how can I determine if a school is good or not ?
What I'm looking is a public university offering a bachelor degree in translation studies, and by public I mean a state-funded university that doesn't rip you off with 5k € tuition fees, like some private ones do.
If I was to choose a school here in Italy, there is no doubt
... See more
thanks Woodstock, that really helps, it's exactly what I was looking for.
Now that I have the comprehensive list of all the schools, the next step is:
how can I determine if a school is good or not ?
What I'm looking is a public university offering a bachelor degree in translation studies, and by public I mean a state-funded university that doesn't rip you off with 5k € tuition fees, like some private ones do.
If I was to choose a school here in Italy, there is no doubt that I'd pick either Trieste or Forlì, which are unanimously considered to be the best among the italian schools, because of the course structure, because of the selective admission process (of the 100% students applying to this school, only 25% are lucky to study there).

Anyway my point is: how does one assess the quality of a bachelor degree, apart from word-of-mouth ?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for translation bachelors in Europe

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »