Zayyad Mai
Zayyad Mai
Nigeria
Local time: 11:26
Hausa to Fulani
+ ...
Mar 9, 2023

Hello,

I have been a translator for 4 years plus now. I have realized that most vendor coordinators do not come out of Africa even for African languages. I would like to know how to go into the outsourcing and vendor coordinator space. Most African languages are under represented and dare I say majority of the vendors or PM's end up getting confused, for example I had a file project sent to me 3000 words. The pm said it was Fula but by mare looking I knew it wasn't. Google search la
... See more
Hello,

I have been a translator for 4 years plus now. I have realized that most vendor coordinators do not come out of Africa even for African languages. I would like to know how to go into the outsourcing and vendor coordinator space. Most African languages are under represented and dare I say majority of the vendors or PM's end up getting confused, for example I had a file project sent to me 3000 words. The pm said it was Fula but by mare looking I knew it wasn't. Google search later clarified it as a language in Rwanda. These are the challenges.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Getting Established as an Outsourcer/ vendor

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »