International Translation Day '13 - What is translation to you?
Thread poster: Emeline Jamoul
Emeline Jamoul
Emeline Jamoul  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 18:47
English to French
+ ...
Sep 15, 2013

In order to celebrate International Translation Day, I had the idea of launching a big project. The aim is to eventually raise awareness about our profession and to take pride in it!
The main idea is to complete the following sentence: "Translation is...". By September 30, I will publi
... See more
In order to celebrate International Translation Day, I had the idea of launching a big project. The aim is to eventually raise awareness about our profession and to take pride in it!
The main idea is to complete the following sentence: "Translation is...". By September 30, I will publish all the answers received on the blog (http://internationaltranslationday13.wordpress.com) so that we can all get a broader picture of this initiative.
From September 20 to September 30, there will also be interviews with translators. It should be a lot of fun!
Please feel free to share your participation here, on Twitter by using the hashtag #translationis or by contacting me by email ([email protected] - please join personal details such as name, language combinations and location so that I can find you online).

Let's have a tremendous International Translation Day this year!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

International Translation Day '13 - What is translation to you?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »