Saving tracked changes in sdlxliff file with MemoQ generates many extra tags
Thread poster: Matthew Butt
Matthew Butt
Matthew Butt
Local time: 14:28
French to English
+ ...
Jun 16, 2022

I've just used MemoQ for a proofreading assignment, as the agency wanted me to track the changes I made. (I cannot do this in Wordfast, but I have the free version of MemoQ available, which offers this function.)

When I'd edited the files, I exported the final sdlxliff files using the "Export track changes into the target file" option.

However, when the agency went to use the target files, although they could see the tracked changes, they also found a large number of sp
... See more
I've just used MemoQ for a proofreading assignment, as the agency wanted me to track the changes I made. (I cannot do this in Wordfast, but I have the free version of MemoQ available, which offers this function.)

When I'd edited the files, I exported the final sdlxliff files using the "Export track changes into the target file" option.

However, when the agency went to use the target files, although they could see the tracked changes, they also found a large number of spurious tags in the target segments, so they were faced with a lot of tag errors.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? If so, how did you solve it?

The only way I can find to send them useable files now is to select the "Accept all changes before export" option. However, it also appears I may have to accept all changes in the document first, prior to exporting. (I inspected the target file in Wordfast and found that "do not" had been changed to "do no't" instead of "don't".)
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Saving tracked changes in sdlxliff file with MemoQ generates many extra tags

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »