Thread poster: JAGDISH ARORA
JAGDISH ARORA
JAGDISH ARORA
India
Local time: 16:34
English to Hindi
+ ...
Oct 18, 2022

I have a word file which is to be translated and I imported this file into memoq.

After that, I used to translate to convert it to Marathi or Hindi with another TM memory file.

While the correct translations show in the preview and exported document, they are invisible when editing the document in memoq.

But the English text is showing and can be edited.

Even if I type Hindi or Marathi text in the target box, it is invisible there but shows in
... See more
I have a word file which is to be translated and I imported this file into memoq.

After that, I used to translate to convert it to Marathi or Hindi with another TM memory file.

While the correct translations show in the preview and exported document, they are invisible when editing the document in memoq.

But the English text is showing and can be edited.

Even if I type Hindi or Marathi text in the target box, it is invisible there but shows in preview only but not in the target segment box even after it is there.

Also, deleting and editing Marathi or Hindi text is difficult in the target segment box have to use the backspace/delete
key which works sometimes and does not work sometimes. The result is the words are duplicated after editing.

This problem is not coming when I type in English in the target segment box or edit. The English text is also showing correctly.

I tried everything possible.
Collapse

Amit pal
Amit pal
Local time: 16:34
English to Hindi
+ ...
Facing similar problem with Bengali Feb 20, 2023

I am also facing this issue. Were you able to resolve this issue?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to edit Hindi or Marathi text in target segment in memoq

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »