How to confirm a locked segment in the web version of Memoq?
Thread poster: Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Local time: 05:45
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Nov 1, 2022

Hi experts,

I have translated 4 documents by means of web version of Memoq. While I have been able to deliver one of these files, I am unable to do so in respect of the remaining 3 file as these have locked segments and the translation will be propagated from the segments in the earlier file. I can't deliver these files because I can't confirm these locked segments. The confirm button is disabled and the Ctrl+enter does not work either.

Can you tell me how to fix it?
... See more
Hi experts,

I have translated 4 documents by means of web version of Memoq. While I have been able to deliver one of these files, I am unable to do so in respect of the remaining 3 file as these have locked segments and the translation will be propagated from the segments in the earlier file. I can't deliver these files because I can't confirm these locked segments. The confirm button is disabled and the Ctrl+enter does not work either.

Can you tell me how to fix it?

Thanks and regards,

Rajan
Collapse

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 01:15
Danish to English
+ ...
Not possible Nov 1, 2022

You can't do anything with a segment that is locked in a server project, and you are not supposed to confirm it. This should not prevent you from delivering the file. If there is a problem related to a locked segment, you need to contact the PM, who can unlock it if needed.

Stepan Konev
Rajan Chopra
Adieu

Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Local time: 05:45
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your informative and helpful reply Nov 1, 2022

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

You can't do anything with a segment that is locked in a server project, and you are not supposed to confirm it. This should not prevent you from delivering the file.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to confirm a locked segment in the web version of Memoq?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »