Project filters not working anymore (not the import filters!)
Thread poster: Don Alejandro
Don Alejandro
Don Alejandro
Russian Federation
Dec 16, 2022

Hello!

I'm managing several dozen of projects in our online MemoQ server and I really like to keep things clean and see only the projects that are WIP. For a long time, default MemoQ project search filters worked perfectly - I chose "Non-delivered projects" on the Dashboard and from a long list of 50+ projects it showed only 5-7 where there was still something to translate or something to review.

Sometimes the reviewer forgot to mark the review as completed and simply c
... See more
Hello!

I'm managing several dozen of projects in our online MemoQ server and I really like to keep things clean and see only the projects that are WIP. For a long time, default MemoQ project search filters worked perfectly - I chose "Non-delivered projects" on the Dashboard and from a long list of 50+ projects it showed only 5-7 where there was still something to translate or something to review.

Sometimes the reviewer forgot to mark the review as completed and simply confirmed the delivery in our internal chat. In this cases the project still remained while using "Non-delivered projects" search filter, so I opened the project, selected the file (or several files) that were not confirmed => right-click on the file(s) => Change workflow status => Completed. This somewhat forced the delivery it seems, so when all files in the project got status Completed, the project correctly disappeared while using "Non-delivered projects" and again I could only see only WIP projects that require my attention.

Recently, however, for some reason this stopped working - "Non-delivered projects" filter always shows the same results as "Recent projects only" filter so I see projects that had some activity in the last 30 days even though they were completed and delivered. I double-checked whether any files were missing completed status, I tried a more recent MemoQ version (9.14 instead of 9.7 I'm using now), I tried removing any preferences files to force MemoQ to default condition, I tried using manual search filters as depicted here (https://docs.memoq.com/9-0/en/Places/pm-dashboard-filtering.html?Highlight=filter), but nothing worked or helped.

So I was wondering whether someone who uses these search filters have encountered a similar issue and perhaps knows a solution or an idea on how to get things back to working normally.

Thank you very much in advance!
Collapse

Grigori Gazarian
Grigori Gazarian  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 01:15
Member (2021)
Spanish to Russian
+ ...
Works as intended here Dec 19, 2022

Hey Alejandro,

That's strange--this feature works as intended on our server (memoQ client 9.12.14, server 9.14.4), i.e. Recent Project gives me a list of projects with some activity in the last 30 days, while Non-delivered correctly filters the list to only the "open" projects.

May be a server restart could help? (I know, I know... but I can't think of another solution.)

Don Alejandro
Don Alejandro
Russian Federation
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Dec 21, 2022

Hello Grigori!

I personally don't have the necessary rights for this procedure, but I sent a message to our server administrator. Will see whether it would be of any help, thank you!

Don Alejandro
Don Alejandro
Russian Federation
TOPIC STARTER
Solution found Jan 11, 2023

In case someone will stumble on this issue as well: I've managed to get feedback directly from MemoQ support and it seems this is a bug that has been fixed only in version 9.14.4 (hence everything was alright on Grigori's side, who mentioned that their server version is exactly 9.14.4). I will be inquiring our server administrator to make an upgrade as well then.

[Edited at 2023-01-11 14:43 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Project filters not working anymore (not the import filters!)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »