ALAN LAMBSON
ALAN LAMBSON
United States
Local time: 03:43
Member (2021)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jan 14, 2023

Is there a way to mark large blocks of content in a source text to exclude them from processing in memoQ (just pass them through untouched in the source language)?

I would be processing .docx files, and my version is 9.12.

Grigori Gazarian
Grigori Gazarian  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 03:43
Member (2021)
Spanish to Russian
+ ...
Hide text Jan 14, 2023

You can hide these blocks in Word (https://newsroom.unl.edu/announce/snr/3036/16823). MemoQ will not import hidden text by default.

ALAN LAMBSON wrote:

Is there a way to mark large blocks of content in a source text to exclude them from processing in memoQ (just pass them through untouched in the source language)?

I would be processing .docx files, and my version is 9.12.

Hans Lenting
Marijke Singer

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:43
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Another alternative Jan 14, 2023

Apart from hiding in Word, you can also import everything and then select the segments you do not want to touch and lock them (Ctrl+Shift+L). Once you are finished, you can simply export the document from memoQ and those parts will remain in the source language.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Semi-automatic hiding Jan 14, 2023

Grigori Gazarian wrote:

You can hide these blocks in Word

There is a recent thread about semi-automatic hiding text in a specific language:

https://www.proz.com/forum/office_applications/360541-macro_hide_target_language_paragraphs_show_new_source_language_paragraphs.html

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 12:43
English to Russian
Press Ctrl+Shift+H on selection in MS Word Jan 14, 2023

ALAN LAMBSON wrote:
Is there a way to mark large blocks of content in a source text to exclude them from processing in memoQ
Select a block, press Ctrl+Shift+H.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Excluding text from processing in memoQ

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »