New PC and I can't see any of my existing termbases (solved)
Thread poster: Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 02:17
Spanish
+ ...
Feb 24, 2023

Hello.

I recently upgraded my PC and I'm having issues finding my term bases.

I have a MemoQ/Term bases folder with a many TB (which I moved from my old system to the new). I copied the entire folder into my new system, then I added the location into Options/Locations/Resources/Term bases.

But, if I want to add them to new Projects, I can't see any of them under Term bases. I looked into the Resource Console and but only the newly created TBs are there. I r
... See more
Hello.

I recently upgraded my PC and I'm having issues finding my term bases.

I have a MemoQ/Term bases folder with a many TB (which I moved from my old system to the new). I copied the entire folder into my new system, then I added the location into Options/Locations/Resources/Term bases.

But, if I want to add them to new Projects, I can't see any of them under Term bases. I looked into the Resource Console and but only the newly created TBs are there. I reckon I'm missing a step.

I would appreciate your help.

Clau

Update: After restarting my computer, the option to Register local became available. I'll leave it here in case it helps others.

[Edited at 2023-02-24 04:04 GMT]
Collapse

Katherine Mérignac
Katherine Mérignac  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:17
Member (2004)
Link them Feb 24, 2023

Hi Claudia,
I’m not in front of my PC so can’t say exactly what to look for, but if memory serves you have to link them. Probably from the termbase tab, something like link/add/connect new base/resource? It opens a dialogue and you navigate to the folder and then click on it.
Worth a look?
Kate

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 08:17
Danish to English
+ ...
Backup Feb 24, 2023

The newest version of memoQ has a backup/restore function that allows you to transfer resources and settings to a new PC.

Katherine Mérignac
Katherine Mérignac  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:17
Member (2004)
Register local Feb 24, 2023

Now at my desk and I was referring "Register local":

Resource console -> Term bases -> Register local, then navigate to the glossary on your PC. It's what I did when transferring to another computer (before this new function, which I haven't tried).

Kate

Claudia Alvis
Peru
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Issue with 'Register Local' Feb 27, 2023

Thanks everybody for your suggestions. For some reason, the option to add a local TB is greyed out sometimes.

register local

I do have the correct folder path for TBs, so I don't think that is the problem.

local tbs

I will submit a ticket to MemoQ for help.

[Edited at 2023-02-27 03:50 GMT]

Claudia Alvis
Peru
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Wrong location Mar 1, 2023

Thanks everybody for your suggestions. It was my mistake because under MemoQ TMS, I had a remote server instead of My Computer. That is why there were no additional TBs listed.

Screenshot 2023-03-01 131135

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New PC and I can't see any of my existing termbases (solved)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »