Eva Gustavsson
Eva Gustavsson  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:27
German to Swedish
+ ...
Mar 14, 2023

Hi!
I am on my way to understand memoQ but there are issues:
How to make it autoinsert punctuation marks together with the assembled hits from the results pane? I am having to add a point at the end of sentences nearly every time ...
And numbers? I get hits from the TM so that 50 is translated into (5), not very constructive ...
How to create projectspecific or clientspecific resources for translatables, as for non-translatables? Like the lexicon in Deja Vu.

... See more
Hi!
I am on my way to understand memoQ but there are issues:
How to make it autoinsert punctuation marks together with the assembled hits from the results pane? I am having to add a point at the end of sentences nearly every time ...
And numbers? I get hits from the TM so that 50 is translated into (5), not very constructive ...
How to create projectspecific or clientspecific resources for translatables, as for non-translatables? Like the lexicon in Deja Vu.

How to set priorities between terms from termbases and non-translatables (and for other resources)?

How to propagate a segment without Ctrl-Enter when I do not want to send it to the TM?
Ctrl-Shift-Enter? How will the Ctrl-Shift-Entered segment be treated later, will there be any difference in it to prevent it to go to the TM later?

I am working with checkout projects from a client's server. For example I cannot lock/unlock segments ...
Collapse

Nobue Kitai
Nobue Kitai
Japan
Local time: 15:27
Member (2023)
English to Japanese
Different issues but Mar 14, 2023

Different issues but when I encountered issues in MemoQ, I contacted help center. Their reply is quite prompt. As they will ask you the video of the issue is happening, it is better to take a schreen shot. And they will ask you your PC OS as well.

In my case, the clients needed to upgrade the MemoQ. So, I could not sort out the issues in my side.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Auto-translating punctuation marks, numbers, non-translatables; priorities

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »