Annicka Ericsson
Annicka Ericsson
Sweden
Local time: 23:48
Member (2023)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Mar 31

Is there a good way to proofread a text in MemoQ? I have the source text and the target text. I would like to compare them (side by side) in MemoQ and make some changes to the target text.

I also would like to use two translation memories for the texts.

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 22:48
Danish to English
+ ...
Alignment Mar 31

Maybe you can use alignment.

https://docs.memoq.com/current/en/Things/things-alignment.html
https://docs.memoq.com/current/en/Places/alignment-editor.html

Felix Sherrington-Kendall
Annicka Ericsson
Rita Translator

Felix Sherrington-Kendall
Felix Sherrington-Kendall  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
LiveDocs Mar 31

Hey Annicka,

As Thomas suggests, a LiveDocs alignment would probably be a good choice. Create a LiveDocs corpus and add the source and target documents as an alignment pair. Depending on how closely they've been translated, you may need to do a bit of manual work to fix any alignment issues. You can then export the result to a TM, or use that corpus directly in your project. Either way, just import the source document into your project and pre-translate it against the TM/corpus, and
... See more
Hey Annicka,

As Thomas suggests, a LiveDocs alignment would probably be a good choice. Create a LiveDocs corpus and add the source and target documents as an alignment pair. Depending on how closely they've been translated, you may need to do a bit of manual work to fix any alignment issues. You can then export the result to a TM, or use that corpus directly in your project. Either way, just import the source document into your project and pre-translate it against the TM/corpus, and assuming everything's set up correctly and your alignment went smoothly, all the segments should be filled. You can then add any additional TMs you want to use to save your review work or check the translation against.
Collapse

Daniel Fernandes
Thomas T. Frost
MollyRose

Annicka Ericsson
Annicka Ericsson
Sweden
Member (2023)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Export Apr 1

Thanks for your help. I managed to do the alignment and it works fine. When I'm finished with the editing on the target text in this mode, how do I export the file?

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 22:48
Danish to English
+ ...
Import and pre-translate Apr 1

Annicka Ericsson wrote:

Thanks for your help. I managed to do the alignment and it works fine. When I'm finished with the editing on the target text in this mode, how do I export the file?

As Felix said: 'import the source document into your project and pre-translate it against the TM/corpus, and assuming everything's set up correctly and your alignment went smoothly, all the segments should be filled.'

Once you have checked the pre-translation, you can export the translation normally.

Annicka Ericsson
Annicka Ericsson
Sweden
Member (2023)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Export Apr 3

Thanks for your help!

MollyRose
MollyRose  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:48
English to Spanish
+ ...
Export bilingual Apr 4

You would need to choose Export Bilingual and save it. Then you can email it to the requester and they can import it and overwrite the original file they sent you, and the track changes should show up for them (assuming you allowed track changes when you did the review).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proofreading in MemoQ

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »