Susanna Martoni  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 22:05
Member (2009)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Jun 17, 2022

Hi everybody.

About 8 hours ago I asked SDL Trados (through relevant procedure, I filled the form) to get the new Trados Studio 2022 download version (free) to have it in the laptop.

I have to organize my work, tomorrow I have to leave from the office for one week and I want to take my laptop with a Trados version installed on it. But no response from Trados.
I sent an inquiry, no answer.

Does anybody know how much time should I wait to download this
... See more
Hi everybody.

About 8 hours ago I asked SDL Trados (through relevant procedure, I filled the form) to get the new Trados Studio 2022 download version (free) to have it in the laptop.

I have to organize my work, tomorrow I have to leave from the office for one week and I want to take my laptop with a Trados version installed on it. But no response from Trados.

Does anybody know how much time should I wait to download this version?

Thanks in advance,
Susanna
Collapse

Heba Kandel

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
Ciao Susanna Jun 17, 2022

The official page still says "Register to be one of the first to know when a free trial of Studio 2022 becomes available.
https://www.trados.com/products/trados-studio/free-trial.html

I guess it's not available yet.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 23:05
English to Russian
Beta testing? Jun 17, 2022

Probably they have to beta-test it first through their pre-sale process.

Susanna Martoni
Italy
Member (2009)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I see! Jun 17, 2022

Elena Feriani wrote:

The official page still says "Register to be one of the first to know when a free trial of Studio 2022 becomes available.
https://www.trados.com/products/trados-studio/free-trial.html

I guess it's not available yet.

Argg.
Thank you Elena.

I have to be brave enough to update my 2021 Trados version to 2022 Freelance Plus in a couple of days, crossing finger because I am in the middle of a project and cannot loose anything.

Un saluto!

Susanna

Susanna Martoni
Italy
Member (2009)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Beta phase Jun 17, 2022

Stepan Konev wrote:

Probably they have to beta-test it first through their pre-sale process.

Yes Stepan, I see, thanks a lot.

I think I will download the 2022 (payable and Freelance Plus) update for my Freelance 2021 (not Plus) version installed in my PC, hoping that nothing happens to my huge project.
A change of version in the middle of a job should not be that good.
But ... I have to do something to install Trados in my laptop and so I think that a Feelance Plus version is (should be) the best solution.

Thanks again and have a nice week-end

Susanna

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Installed successfully this week Jun 18, 2022

I downloaded Trados 2022 (Trados 17) this week and successfully installed it. It installs into Program Files (x86)/Trados. Before I could download it, I had to "upgrade" my license by clicking somewhere on the web site and then confirming (it transfers your 2021 license over to 2022. There was a big warning that this could not be undone. The *second* time I ran Trados 2022, it asked me to activate it.

All my projects are gone from the project list.

From what I can te
... See more
I downloaded Trados 2022 (Trados 17) this week and successfully installed it. It installs into Program Files (x86)/Trados. Before I could download it, I had to "upgrade" my license by clicking somewhere on the web site and then confirming (it transfers your 2021 license over to 2022. There was a big warning that this could not be undone. The *second* time I ran Trados 2022, it asked me to activate it.

From what I can tell, you can no longer customize the location of a Trados project.

None of my settings from Trados 2021 migrated to 2022.

Some of my add-ons are also missing from Trados 2022.

Trados 2022 uses aggressive anti-aliasing, so the fonts in the editor appear blurred.

Susanna Martoni wrote:
I have to be brave enough to update my 2021 Trados version to 2022 Freelance Plus in a couple of days, crossing finger because I am in the middle of a project and cannot loose anything.

It's never a good idea to upgrade one's CAT tool in the middle of a project.

[Edited at 2022-06-18 08:17 GMT]
Collapse

Jorge Payan
Susanna Martoni

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
You should be able to download the version from your profile page for SDL Trados Jun 18, 2022

Susanna Martoni wrote:
Hi everybody.
Does anybody know how much time should I wait to download this version?
Thanks in advance,
Susanna

First you have to register for it, I think, but after that you have to go to your profile page at Studio to indicate that you want to upgrade your license from your current version. By the way, as I remember it, you cannot change this back when you have upgraded the license. Then you can download 2022 from your profile page.

I hope this and the other answers you've got, answer your question.

And by the way, my version does not state anything about being in the beta phase, so it seems to be out of that phase by now. I haven't had any problems with it, and I downloaded it in the middle of a project (which isn't actually advisable, I know).

[Edited at 2022-06-18 09:00 GMT]

Susanna Martoni

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
A partly solution: open your old projects in 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Samuel Murray wrote:

Personally I don't like an overly long project list in Studio anyway, so I have the old projects removed. But you should know where you have the old projects I hope. If so, just open the project file in 2022, and you should get it back into the list. That's what I do at least whenever I work with new projects for an old client and would like to reuse an old project.

Susanna Martoni

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 23:05
English to Russian
Free trial Jun 18, 2022

Roy Oestensen wrote:
Then you can download 2022 from your profile page.
You can only download Trados from your profile page if you have bought it. The original post reads: About 8 hours ago I asked SDL Trados (through relevant procedure, I filled the form) to get the new Trados Studio 2022 download version (free).
This is how you get a free trial: you fill out a form and get the installer. However Trados 2022 is not available at the moment through that trial procedure.

Susanna Martoni

Susanna Martoni
Italy
Member (2009)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks everybody Jun 20, 2022

Since I had to transfer my project to the laptop, I finally updated my 2021 Trados version from my PC and downloaded the 2022 Freelance Plus version (I paid the update because, as many of you indicated, the free download version is not available immediately and/or it is a beta version).

Result: in the PC (at home) I have both 2021 version (with the big project) and 2022 version (empty, at the moment) and in the laptop (here, with me, away from my home/office) I installed the second
... See more
Since I had to transfer my project to the laptop, I finally updated my 2021 Trados version from my PC and downloaded the 2022 Freelance Plus version (I paid the update because, as many of you indicated, the free download version is not available immediately and/or it is a beta version).

Result: in the PC (at home) I have both 2021 version (with the big project) and 2022 version (empty, at the moment) and in the laptop (here, with me, away from my home/office) I installed the second 2022 version - Freelance Plus.

The project was a package, so I copied the sdlxliff files and the Termbase stuff from the 2021 to the 2022 version on the laptop and imported the updated TM (with which I worked in the 2021 version).
I do not imported the project because it was a package

Crossing fingers, things seem to go on.

It was pretty a big challenge.

I wish you very nice days and weeks (I followed my daughter at the seaside for some days, here in Italy; very hot, much sun and windy). Can't complain, especially if Trados goes working and the project does not suddely blow up.

Ciao a tutti
Susanna
Collapse

Stepan Konev

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL 2022 download version

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »