Bodil Bergh
Bodil Bergh  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 20:38
Member (2011)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jul 12, 2022

I really can't believe this ... on June 23rd, I upgraded & paid my 2019 version to the latest one, 2022, and downloaded it on the same day.

Have a screenshot of the Order History in front of me where everything seems to be in order. Well, the only problem is that I couldn't find the activation code.

Hence, wrote a mail to the RWS and got a reply after a couple of days where I was instructed to go to my RWS Account (as if I hadn't already ...)

I did it agai
... See more
I really can't believe this ... on June 23rd, I upgraded & paid my 2019 version to the latest one, 2022, and downloaded it on the same day.

Have a screenshot of the Order History in front of me where everything seems to be in order. Well, the only problem is that I couldn't find the activation code.

Hence, wrote a mail to the RWS and got a reply after a couple of days where I was instructed to go to my RWS Account (as if I hadn't already ...)

I did it again, and I did it a few minutes ago, and this it what it says:

"You have 1 upgrade available. Click here to upgrade your licenses."

But when clicking on Upgrades to Process:

21fb232e-5046-47f2-a6e8-3802d96c935c
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance Plus

Sold to: (my email address) Activated: 23-10-2019

I sent a 2nd email to the RWS several days ago and another one this morning. What else can I do? Have been working on the Trial version so far but what am I supposed to do when it expires in 13 days?

Apart from this, received another mail confirming a subscription instead of a license. ???

I've been working with both the 2017 and 2019 versions for the past few years. The reason for choosing the latter one for the upgrade was that I've had so many issues with it that I preferred to keep the older one.

But what happened? Both of them disappeared and were replaced by 2 separate Trials, both of which started to run on the very same day. Hence, now only 11 days remain, despite the fact that I've activated none of them.

Since I have too many language pairs for the system to handle, I used to work with DE > SV on the older one and with IT > SV on the newer.

Really don't think it's fair to "steal" both licenses when only 1 was needed for an upgrade. I commented on it in my first mail but with no reaction whatsoever.
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Also Jul 12, 2022

Also post your question here:
https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/

Sebastian Witte

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Bodil Jul 12, 2022

Bodil Bergh wrote:
I've been working with both the 2017 and 2019 versions for the past few years. The reason for choosing the latter one for the upgrade was that I've had so many issues with it that I preferred to keep the older one.

Did you pay the full price for both?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Well, what happened to my upgrade?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »