WinVNKey won't work in Word 2010
Thread poster: hieuthao
hieuthao
hieuthao
Vietnamese to English
Feb 18, 2013

I have just upgraded from Windows XP/Office 2007 to Windows 7/Office 2010. I am finding that I cannot get my Vietnamese typing software, WinVNKey, to work in Word 2010. It works when I type in my web browser, and it works when I type in Deja Vu, but when I try to type in Word it acts as though it is not turned on.

I really need WinVNKey because a) I use an idiosyncratic typing method that I developed 20 years ago on VPS Keys (which allows the user to configure their own keyboard)
... See more
I have just upgraded from Windows XP/Office 2007 to Windows 7/Office 2010. I am finding that I cannot get my Vietnamese typing software, WinVNKey, to work in Word 2010. It works when I type in my web browser, and it works when I type in Deja Vu, but when I try to type in Word it acts as though it is not turned on.

I really need WinVNKey because a) I use an idiosyncratic typing method that I developed 20 years ago on VPS Keys (which allows the user to configure their own keyboard) so I can't use UniKey or Windows keyboard or any software that requires me to follow a preset keyboard, as that will require me to learn a new typing style and I'd like to avoid that and b) I can't use VPS keys because for some reason it does not work in Deja Vu. WinVNKey has been a good solution in the past, because it both allows me to configure my own keyboard and works well in Deja vu. But now, alas, it does not work in Word 2010.

If anyone else has encountered a problem like this or has any suggestions, please let me know!

Thanks,

Rosemary Nguyen
Collapse

hieuthao
hieuthao
Vietnamese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Update... Feb 18, 2013

OK, I've figured out that it is possible to customize the keyboard in Unikey, so that resolves my problem with Word 2010. But it doesn't seem to work in my Deja Vu CAT software. If anyone out there uses, Deja vu, can you tell me which keyboard you use for typing in it?

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

WinVNKey won't work in Word 2010

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »