Thread poster: Lotte Radoor
Lotte Radoor
Lotte Radoor
United States
Local time: 12:32
English to Danish
+ ...
Feb 9, 2012

I got a project originally in Trados TagEditor (.ttx) files.
I was able to open the ttx files in wordfast, however, when I saved the files of course they were saved as .txml files. I have to deliver the files in .ttx format.
Does anyone know how to conver the files back to .ttx format?

Thanks!

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:32
Member (2006)
French to English
Save translate file Feb 9, 2012

Hello!

Go to the File menu, then click on "Save Translated File."

That's it!

John

Marga Dorao
Marga Dorao  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:32
English to Spanish
+ ...
Compatibility issues Jul 16, 2012

Hi everyone!

Well, I've had no problem doing that so far. But my client seems to be having problems opening the resulting ttx file when they open them on SDLX. Anyone knows why? I have opened the TTX on Swordfish, Heartsome and CafeTran and didn't have any issues, but my client claims they can't open the file. And I can't use SDLX because I am a Mac user. And please don't tell me to use Parallels because I gave Windows up for a reason!...
See more
Hi everyone!

Well, I've had no problem doing that so far. But my client seems to be having problems opening the resulting ttx file when they open them on SDLX. Anyone knows why? I have opened the TTX on Swordfish, Heartsome and CafeTran and didn't have any issues, but my client claims they can't open the file. And I can't use SDLX because I am a Mac user. And please don't tell me to use Parallels because I gave Windows up for a reason! Thank you!
Collapse

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 21:32
English to Arabic
TagEditor Jul 16, 2012

Marga Dorao wrote:
But my client seems to be having problems opening the resulting ttx file when they open them on SDLX.

Dear Marga,

Please tell your client to open the TTX file in TagEditor, make any slight change, and Save. They should be able to it open in SDLX file.

If you like, I can check that here for you; just drop me a line and attach the resulted TTX file in private.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

Maria João Ivo
Maria João Ivo
Portugal
Local time: 19:32
Member (2009)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TXML into TTX Sep 10, 2015

My problem is a little different but also a nasty one.

I received a DOCX file to translate and, as usual, I translated it with WORDFAST PRO so, I have a translation with a TXML extension.

Now the client wants it in TTX format.

Anyone could help? I am lost here trying to find a way through.

Many thanks
Maria

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Get TTX from client Sep 10, 2015

Dear Maria,

Perhaps ask your client to send you a TTX file, open it in Wordfast and use the Translate All feature. Then save as translated file.

Wordfast Pro cannot create a TTX formatted file for you. It can save it as a bilingual, delimited file however (Save As…).

Best,

John

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Maria Sep 10, 2015

Maria Ivo wrote:
I received a DOCX file to translate and ... Now the client wants it in TTX format.

The only tool that can generate a TTX file from a DOCX file is Trados 2007, which is no longer available for non-users of torrents. Your client probably assumed that you have Trados. There is no way you can deliver a TTX file unless either you have Trados 2007 or the client sends the untranslated TTX file to you in the first place. The TXML file will be of no use to the client.

WFP can also save as "WFC" bilingual files, but those files are not accepted by Trados 2007 either (they would not have been useful as target files but only to update the TM).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

wordfast txml to trados .ttx files

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »