Wordfast alightment tool
Thread poster: heather128
heather128
heather128  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:36
English to Vietnamese
Sep 1, 2015

Hi I have files in both source language and target language and would like to create a TM for myself in wordfast anywhere alignment tool. But it turned out many of words were not aligned properly. In fact 70 % of the file was not aligned. What should I do? is there any other alternative to wordfast alignment tool?

Marcelina Haftka
Marcelina Haftka  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 05:36
English to Polish
+ ...
Other alignment options Sep 1, 2015

You can use PlusTools with Wordfast Classic or Wordfast Pro aligner - they function rather fine in my opinion.

Good luck!

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
LF Aligner and PlusTools Sep 1, 2015

heather128 wrote:
I have files in both source language and target language and would like to create a TM for myself in Wordfast Anywhere alignment tool. But it turned out many of words were not aligned properly. In fact 70% of the file was not aligned.

The problem with the WFA alignment tool is that it is not interactive, so you can't fix mistakes on the fly. However, the WFA alignment tool should have sent you three files, namely a TMX file, a TXT file and an Excel file. You can edit the Excel file to fix the alignment.

PlusTools is an interactive alignment tool that creates WF TMs, but it sometimes breaks up target segments and puts chunks of it in the source column. Easy to spot, but it can be annoying.

LF Align is mostly non-interactive but we've all heard very good things about it. It creates a TMX file, not a WF TM.

Aelf
Aelf
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
If you don't like the WF (Anywhere) Aligner... Sep 6, 2015

... here are two other programs to check out:

http://felix-cat.com/tools/align-assist/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/superalign/?source=typ_redirect

I haven't used them yet, though.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast alightment tool

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »