Wordfast Classic stopped working after Nov. 10 2015 Word 2010 security update (solved?)
Thread poster: Genevieve Cory
Genevieve Cory
Genevieve Cory
Germany
German to English
Nov 19, 2015

I installed the beta of 6.35 (from November 17) and that seems to have fixed it. Word was telling me that the macro hadn't been added.

The Word security update info is here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2965313

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:19
Finnish to French
6.13 works OK before and after the MS update Nov 19, 2015

FWIW, I just installed a bunch of Microsoft updates for Office 2010, including the one you mentioned (KB2965313). Wordfast Classic 6.13 worked before the updates, and also after the updates were applied and the computer rebooted. Maybe you were using a much older version of Wordfast?

Genevieve Cory
Genevieve Cory
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
No, it was 6.13 Nov 19, 2015

I checked it. It's entirely possible that something else was conflicting as well, but the solution worked, so I thought I'd publicize it.

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:19
Finnish to French
6.35 Nov 19, 2015

Sure. Besides, it is my understanding 6.35 should be released as the public version (replacing 6.13) very soon. It fixes the non-fonctional Wordfast menu problem and introduces several small improvements.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Classic stopped working after Nov. 10 2015 Word 2010 security update (solved?)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »