Thread poster: kneyens
kneyens
kneyens
Belgium
Local time: 12:39
French to Dutch
Dec 23, 2015

Hi,

I need to insert a line break (soft return) in my target segment in WFP (version 3.4.5)
In Office documents, this is done with Shift+Enter.
However, this key combination doesn't work in WFP.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help,
Katleen

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:39
Finnish to French
Not possible Dec 23, 2015

I’m afraid this is not possible, or at least I’m not aware of a way to insert manual line breaks in the TXML editor of Wordfast Pro.

What you could do (as a workaround) is add some random string (eg. "XYZ") where you want the line breaks to be inserted, and then use Find/Replace in the exported document (replace "XYZ" with "^l").

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 13:39
English to Arabic
Placeable Jan 29, 2016

Dear Katleen,

Is it already there on your source? If so, you should found it already as a tag/placeable and all what you need is to insert this tag into the target segment as usual.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Insert line break in target segment in WFP

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »