Delete TU from TM while translating (WF Pro)
Thread poster: kneyens
kneyens
kneyens
Belgium
Local time: 04:40
French to Dutch
Mar 18, 2016

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to delete a TU you added to the TM on mistake while you are translating?

In WF Classic, this was easy with the key combination Crtl+Alt+Backspace, but I haven't found yet how to do it with WF Pro.

The TM perspective is not working at all, so that is not an option (I'm not able to show the latest translation, it gives me automatically the oldest translations, and I can't seem to change that).

Thank you in advance,
... See more
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to delete a TU you added to the TM on mistake while you are translating?

In WF Classic, this was easy with the key combination Crtl+Alt+Backspace, but I haven't found yet how to do it with WF Pro.

The TM perspective is not working at all, so that is not an option (I'm not able to show the latest translation, it gives me automatically the oldest translations, and I can't seem to change that).

Thank you in advance,
Katleen
Collapse

Aelf
Aelf
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Use TM Perspective tab Mar 19, 2016

On your left there's a toolbar with perspectives. Open the TM Perspective and click on a given TM. The first column has checkboxes. Mark the offending segment and press Alt+D or click the red button with an X in the top toolbar. Voila! The bad segment is gone.

Default settings let you view only the first 2000 segments. There's a search function which may work beyond the opened 2k segments, but I don't know if it works that way.

Fortunately, you can change the value by c
... See more
On your left there's a toolbar with perspectives. Open the TM Perspective and click on a given TM. The first column has checkboxes. Mark the offending segment and press Alt+D or click the red button with an X in the top toolbar. Voila! The bad segment is gone.

Default settings let you view only the first 2000 segments. There's a search function which may work beyond the opened 2k segments, but I don't know if it works that way.

Fortunately, you can change the value by clicking the Open TM Admin Preferences (a gear icon in the top toolbar) and keying in the number of segments you want to be retrieved.

I wish you could edit segments, but oh, well.
Collapse

Aelf
Aelf
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Oh, I wrote all that but Mar 19, 2016

... now I've realized you said, your TM Perspective doesn't work. I wonder what happened, as I don't remember having any issues with it.

Also if you have some old version of a segment, you might want to check your settings on updating the TM.

kneyens
kneyens
Belgium
French to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
TM Perspective Mar 21, 2016

Dear Aelf,

Thanks for your effort anyway

I have no idea what happened with the TM perspective. It is like this since the beginning. The same thing with my colleagues, unfortunately.

What I do now, is I delete the segment from the .txt file, but that is more annoying than it should be. It really was very easy with WF Classic, I don't understand why they removed this option from WF Pro (as they
... See more
Dear Aelf,

Thanks for your effort anyway

I have no idea what happened with the TM perspective. It is like this since the beginning. The same thing with my colleagues, unfortunately.

What I do now, is I delete the segment from the .txt file, but that is more annoying than it should be. It really was very easy with WF Classic, I don't understand why they removed this option from WF Pro (as they did with some other very useful features of WF Classic. It remains a mystery for me why they couldn't integrate the good things from WF Classic into WF Pro)

Kind regards,
Katleen
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Reported Mar 21, 2016

Dear Katleen,

I agree that this would be nice to have and reported this feature request in September 2015. It is being tracked and we hope to implement it soon. I just left a note to notify everyone in this forum post once it has been implemented.

Thanks for your feedback.

Kind regards,

John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Delete TU from TM while translating (WF Pro)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »